cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out - forgot password

Donnamajor24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help! I hardly ever login to my account because I prepay my phone and can't remember my password and maybe not even my username. I wanted to get information on how to switch from a Samsung S4 to a Huawei. So now I have 2 problems. 😞

My email is******************** but I think my username is donnamajor?

I honestly feel really helpless at this.

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Donnamajor24 : If I can loop back to part of your original post...you don't need to do anything in your account to change phones. You simply take the SIM out of the old phone and put it in the new one. Size matters.

Donnamajor24

Thank you! I've managed to reset my password so I guess that's a start. 🙂

Donnamajor24

I know I registered for an account because I used to pay on my Account and then one day I ws locked out so started pre-paying with the 12 digit #. I'm not sure what model the Huawei is. I don't have the charger so it only stays on for a few seconds and doesn't give me any clues.

@Donnamajor24 wrote:

Thank you for your reply and I'll try to follow those suggestions. I'm struggling because I'm not sure that the email attached to the phone # was input incorrectly by the agent at the cell phone shop 2 years. I'm also unsure how to open this Huawei. I'll try to reach out to a moderator.

Thanks again! 

@Donnamajor24 

If you activated in-store, it is possible you never registered for a Self Serve account yet.

You can check here, and register for one: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

What model is your Huawei?

Donnamajor24

Thank you for your reply and I'll try to follow those suggestions. I'm struggling because I'm not sure that the email attached to the phone # was input incorrectly by the agent at the cell phone shop 2 years. I'm also unsure how to open this Huawei. I'll try to reach out to a moderator.

Thanks again! 

Alphageddes

Not the fastest way but you could try entering usernames you think you used, then click forgot password. Eventually it'll send you a link to your email to reset it when you enter the right one. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Donnamajor24 wrote:

Help! I hardly ever login to my account because I prepay my phone and can't remember my password and maybe not even my username. I wanted to get information on how to switch from a Samsung S4 to a Huawei. So now I have 2 problems. 😞

My email is******************** but I think my username is xxxxx

I honestly feel really helpless at this.

Hello @Donnamajor24 

Your username to your Self Serve My Account would be an email. Try emails you think it may be and go the Forgot your Password route to reset the password.

To switch phones simply remove the SIM out of the Samsung and insert it into the new phone.

The Samsung looks like a Micro SIZE, if the new phone is the same SIZE easy-peasy, just insert.

If the new phone is a nano, check that the Micro SIZE has an outside adapter you can gently remove.

SIMs normally come in 3-in-1 sizes.

esjliv_0-1603577624495.png

If still having issues with the password, ask Moderators for help.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.