cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock funds

robby65656565
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when account changes are made by pm and rates are increased by pm, on a ninety day service plan, is that plan effected?- ie- would i require to pay any difference to continue the service as pre paid?

i would place all money in the pm account i would need for the entire year, is there a way to lock those funds, or phone plan so that amount is not reduced effecting my budget?

does canada wide mean when i travel in canada receiving and making outgoing calls while anywhere in canada?

i estimate i will pay for two years services with pm for the same cost in one year as my present service provider[telus].

thank you

11 REPLIES 11

@robby65656565 wrote:

I am with public mobile now. how can i place all my lines on one account? 3 phone, 1 data for tablet. i went to london drugs and ported 2 of my lines, i will be porting another 2 lines on saturday. but at present have two email address for two sims and would prefer one account for all four ported lines.

It isn't possible each activate SIM is a seperate account and requires a seperate email address.  You can use gmail alias' to not have to create all new email addresses.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

robby65656565

thank you for cutting my phone bill in half for the kids and myself.

robby65656565

I am with public mobile now. how can i place all my lines on one account? 3 phone, 1 data for tablet. i went to london drugs and ported 2 of my lines, i will be porting another 2 lines on saturday. but at present have two email address for two sims and would prefer one account for all four ported lines.

@robby65656565

They had 180 plans listed on website way back in BETA days but never came to pass

I suggested 365 day plans in our old idea lab (noted other prepay carriers such as 7-11 & Wind offered them) but I was shouted down Cat LOL

So I don't think long term plans are ever coming

Public has actually been going the other way by making 30 day promo plans more appealing; the main reason why is general public's confusion on a "90 day plan" causing all kinds of issues

@robby65656565 wrote:

reffering to plan changes, the service agreement i would select is for 90 day- unlimited canada talk, international text, and 1.5 gb data.  when service rates increase would that reflect for the 90 day plan? i pay all my bills in advance by min one month including rent so in december i do not feel any pressure from expenses during the holidays, also as self employed in case of emergency.

does pm plan on having an annual subcription service in the future?

@robby65656565, you can keep renewing your 30 or 90-day plan until you no longer want it.  If the price goes down or up during your cycle,you can change to the lower price if you wish, or continue on.  It's not automatic.

If you get a message from PM saying the plan you're on is being cancelled or price changed on a certain date, that's when you decide if you're going to change or go with the price increase.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@robby65656565 we know of no plans for annual subscriptions.  

Price changes should they occur would require a minimum of 30 days notice, and would take effect upon your next renewal after that 30 days is up.  So if you were 10 days into your 90 day cycle and they posted a notice, it would affect your next renewal.  If you were 80 days into your cycle and they posted a notice, your next renewal would be at the previous rate, while the one after would be at the increased rate.  Hopefully that makes sense.

Generaly we (the community) recommend you don't load an excess amount of funds into your account ahead of time.  One month ahead for your next renewal is fine, but we don't recommend loading a year's worth of funds at once. The reasons are:

1) If you should need to cancel your service (due to your circumstance changing--you need to move away, you get a new employer that provides a paid plan, etc) you would not be refunded any of those funds you loaded upon cancelling.  Think of it like buying a gift card--if you don't use those funds in the store you bought the gift card from, they are lost to you and you can't return them for cash.

2) If another provider comes along with some amazing deal and you wish to move your service there, again you would not be refunded any of the funds you have loaded upon porting your service to the new provider.

Essentially pre-loading too much available funds balance ahead of time limits your flexibility at a later date.  Even if you don't anticipate such events happening, nobody can forsee the future. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@robby65656565 ALL plans are pre-paid; even 90 day plans. If the was a price increase for your plan, it would take effect after your current plan expires.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@robby65656565 wrote:

reffering to plan changes, the service agreement i would select is for 90 day- unlimited canada talk, international text, and 1.5 gb data.  when service rates increase would that reflect for the 90 day plan? i pay all my bills in advance by min one month including rent so in december i do not feel any pressure from expenses during the holidays, also as self employed in case of emergency.

Just because there has many questions about this but I am pretty sure you are aware as it seems you have done your research the 1.5gb is over the 90 days not each month.

No PM doesn't offer a yearly price plan some have asked for it but in reality the 30 day plans still confuse some people who are surprised their payment is the same day every month and that it keep changing.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@robby65656565 wrote:

Depending on what plans they would like change the price for. It could be for only 30 days plans or it could be only for 90 days plan. Like i said, they have not done it for any plans so what they will do is unpredictable at this point. 

They do not have any plans to offer 1 year service. In fact, they are now highly promote 30 days plan. So i would not be surprise if they were to remove 90 days plans. 

robby65656565

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@robby65656565 I have moved your post to a separate topic for better visibility. 

- Yes, any change to your plan would require to make the amount due. So far, there was no increase to any plan rates and they did not remove any plans as of yet. 

- You can add funds to your account, but why do it in way advanced? You never know when you need the extra cash for something else. I suggest you to make monthly manual payments instead and leave your cash at a bank. 

- Yes, Canada wide means, you can call anyone in Canada while you are in Canada. 

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Need Help? Let's chat.