cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo port to public

2phones
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi im trying to port my Koodo number to my public account but it says my number is not eligible in self serve.

What do I do?

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

Fisher77

I looked into this before I ported from Koodo to PM.

There are MANY posts on both these forums and elsewhere that say you should not use the same email address for both accounts.  They both use the same Telus backend, and there are potential problems when you use the same email on both accounts.

I switched to a different email before I ported, then changed the email once I had activated.

The fact that your 1 out of 3 lines (with a different email) is eligible should suggest this remains to be true.

2phones

Weird,

I have three 3 lines with Koodo and only one out of the 3 that is registered to a different email and doesn't have a tab is eligible. 

So I wonder...

@2phones wrote:

Restarting the browser does not seem to change the outcome.

If the email addresses are the same for the Koodo and public accounts would that be the issue?

@2phones  It shouldn't be. I used the same email for Koodo prepaid and Public without any issues.

2phones

Restarting the browser does not seem to change the outcome.

If the email addresses are the same for the Koodo and public accounts would that be the issue?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@2phones 

PM web interface does not handle session state very well.  

Restart your browser after getting error and try to port your Koodo postpaid number again.

2phones

@goldilock wrote:

@2phones Is your account with Koodo active? You can't port a number if the account is closed. 

Yes it is active still.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@2phones Is your account with Koodo active? You can't port a number if the account is closed. 

2phones

No it's not prepaid.

Would it be because I have a small tab left on the Koodo side?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@2phones , Koodo prepaid and PC Mobile postpaid customers need to seek moderator team assistance for number porting.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team.  Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions.  Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Is it prepaid? If so you have to contact moderators to do port for you.Simon.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.