Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Koodo phone number Unable to transfer

@backertas wrote:

it works for pre paid too. 

You've done this?  It definitely did not in the past.  The reaosn is that Koodo pre-paid and Public Mobile share a back-end system, so the system would think it was an internal port, which is not allowed (e.g. PM->PM or Koodo pre-paid to Koodo pre-paid).  If they have fixed this, it's a recent change--when did you do your port from Koodo pre-paid?  In the past, the only way to do this was with the assistance of the @Moderator_Team.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
backertas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes i did this last Monday .I switched from Koodo to PM. 

srlawren

@backertas wrote:

@backertas that's great--just one final clarification:  was your Koodo account pre-paid or post-paid?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@backertas another way to ask the above question, what plan were you on at Koodo?

backertas

My koodo was post paid .

backertas

Post paid. i got my phone from them . i paid off my tab in 6 months and switched to Public . I used to pay 55/Month , now I pay 35/Month and I get exactly same stuffs or even better because Koodo had only 500 mins.

srlawren

@backertas wrote:

Post paid. i got my phone from them . i paid off my tab in 6 months and switched to Public . I used to pay 55/Month , now I pay 35/Month and I get exactly same stuffs or even better because Koodo had only 500 mins.

@backertas okay so, why did you earlier say that it works for pre-paid too?  

@srlawren wrote:

@backertas wrote:

Hello,

First you have to get a new number with public mobile and then you can port your old number to public mobile. once you all set up with your PM go into your account and in there you can see porting option and you can do it easily by providing your Koodo account number and the porting will be done within 2-3 hours . 

@backertas two things:

1) that is only true if you have a post-paid Koodo account; if porting from a pre-paid Koodo account, you cannot do it yourself in self-serve account--a moderator must do it for you.

2) This post has been dormant for 2 months.  I'm pretty sure they've already figured out how to get ported in, or moved on.

To which you said:

@backertas wrote:

it works for pre paid too. 

@backertas wrote:

So...  yes you did, but you did it from post-paid.  I already said post-paid was fine for this procedure, but it does not work for pre-paid.

Need Help? Let's chat.