cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo phone number Unable to transfer

wsabuga
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, Im getting an error transferring my Koodo Phone number. I get this error after clicking on "Check Eligibility".

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?
I already sent a message to the Mods team but no one has replied to me yet.
16 REPLIES 16

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@backertas wrote:

Post paid. i got my phone from them . i paid off my tab in 6 months and switched to Public . I used to pay 55/Month , now I pay 35/Month and I get exactly same stuffs or even better because Koodo had only 500 mins.

@backertas okay so, why did you earlier say that it works for pre-paid too?  

@srlawren wrote:

@backertas wrote:

Hello,

First you have to get a new number with public mobile and then you can port your old number to public mobile. once you all set up with your PM go into your account and in there you can see porting option and you can do it easily by providing your Koodo account number and the porting will be done within 2-3 hours . 

@backertas two things:

1) that is only true if you have a post-paid Koodo account; if porting from a pre-paid Koodo account, you cannot do it yourself in self-serve account--a moderator must do it for you.

2) This post has been dormant for 2 months.  I'm pretty sure they've already figured out how to get ported in, or moved on.

To which you said:

@backertas wrote:

it works for pre paid too. 

@backertas wrote:

Yes i did this last Monday .I switched from Koodo to PM. 

So...  yes you did, but you did it from post-paid.  I already said post-paid was fine for this procedure, but it does not work for pre-paid.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

backertas

Post paid. i got my phone from them . i paid off my tab in 6 months and switched to Public . I used to pay 55/Month , now I pay 35/Month and I get exactly same stuffs or even better because Koodo had only 500 mins.

backertas

My koodo was post paid .

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@backertas another way to ask the above question, what plan were you on at Koodo?

srlawren

@backertas wrote:

@backertas that's great--just one final clarification:  was your Koodo account pre-paid or post-paid?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

backertas

srlawren

@backertas wrote:

You've done this?  It definitely did not in the past.  The reaosn is that Koodo pre-paid and Public Mobile share a back-end system, so the system would think it was an internal port, which is not allowed (e.g. PM->PM or Koodo pre-paid to Koodo pre-paid).  If they have fixed this, it's a recent change--when did you do your port from Koodo pre-paid?  In the past, the only way to do this was with the assistance of the @CS_Agent.

backertas

srlawren

@backertas wrote:

Hello,

First you have to get a new number with public mobile and then you can port your old number to public mobile. once you all set up with your PM go into your account and in there you can see porting option and you can do it easily by providing your Koodo account number and the porting will be done within 2-3 hours . 

@backertas two things:

1) that is only true if you have a post-paid Koodo account; if porting from a pre-paid Koodo account, you cannot do it yourself in self-serve account--a moderator must do it for you.

2) This post has been dormant for 2 months.  I'm pretty sure they've already figured out how to get ported in, or moved on.

backertas

Hello,

srlawren

@0xbox0 wrote:

Hi,

I'm having the same problem and I wasn't using the same email address for both.  Can you please tell me what the ultimate solution was?  Was a mod able to help you?

thanks.

@0xbox0 if you are coming from a pre-paid Koodo account, the only way to port your number is to contact the moderators via private messaging.  Here's what you'll need to know:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting request, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

wsabuga

Hi, yes. Just send them a msg and they will get back to you if they need more information.

0xbox0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm having the same problem and I wasn't using the same email address for both.  Can you please tell me what the ultimate solution was?  Was a mod able to help you?

thanks.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Most people from PM moving to Koodo, you moving to PM from Koodo Cat Happy

wsabuga

@wetcoasterwrote:

If you have sent a private message to the moderator team they will get back to you as soon as they come to your message - it's first come first serve.

PM and Koodo prepaid share part of their back end infrastructure - a mod will assist you with the port. One thing to do if you haven't yet: Make sure you are not using the same e-mail address for both accounts.

Thank you! I already did change the email address on my koodo account. I will just have to wait then.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

If you have sent a private message to the moderator team they will get back to you as soon as they come to your message - it's first come first serve.

PM and Koodo prepaid share part of their back end infrastructure - a mod will assist you with the port. One thing to do if you haven't yet: Make sure you are not using the same e-mail address for both accounts.

Need Help? Let's chat.