cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping a number

Rattlesnakeron
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, I am out of the country for six months at a time, can I keep the same number without having to pay the full monthly fee?

7 REPLIES 7

@slash407 wrote:

im pretty sure u can just suspend the account or freeze it if ur gone. Its free. I did it before with my other provider

Public Mobile does not have that option, nor are there any "vacation plans" offered.

If a customer does not pay for the plan, and it remains in suspended state for non-payment for 90 days, the account is closed and the number would be lost.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Rattlesnakeron, the above will work as long as you are on an in market plan. If you are on a promo plan that is no longer offered once you switch your plan to any other plan your old promo plan will no longer be available to you.

Further to this note by @ShawnC13:  at the end of the 6 months when you want to switch away from the $10 plan to one that will suit your needs better, you will have to choose from whatever is being offered *at that time*.  Basically, from whatever the in-market plans are in 6 months.

@Rattlesnakeron

If you like your current plan, you can let your current plan goes into suspension with no payment on your next renewal date.  80 to 85 days after the first suspension, reactivate you plan again for 30 days.  Let your plan goes to suspension again after 30 days.  Reactivate your for the second suspension after 80 to 85 days.  By then, you will be back to Canada.

This approach costs more than using the $10 plan.  But you will not lose your current plan because you never swiched to another plan. 

Now you have two options.  Decide what you like.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Rattlesnakeron, the above will work as long as you are on an in market plan. If you are on a promo plan that is no longer offered once you switch your plan to any other plan your old promo plan will no longer be available to you.

Further to this note by @ShawnC13:  at the end of the 6 months when you want to switch away from the $10 plan to one that will suit your needs better, you will have to choose from whatever is being offered *at that time*.  Basically, from whatever the in-market plans are in 6 months.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@RobertQc wrote:

@Rattlesnakeron wrote:

Hi all, I am out of the country for six months at a time, can I keep the same number without having to pay the full monthly fee?

Yes, switch to the $10 plan, let it go into suspended service due to non payment. Reactivate the account after 75-80 days (90 days = account deletion so do 75-80 to be safe) after 30 days at $10, let it expire again for 75-80 days and make another $10 payment. You will end up essentially be spending $10 or $20 over 6 months depending on your exact dates to keep the number

$10 will do it.  Sandwiched in between two 90 day suspensions is one 30 service.  

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Rattlesnakeron wrote:

Yes, switch to the $10 plan, let it go into suspended service due to non payment. Reactivate the account after 75-80 days (90 days = account deletion so do 75-80 to be safe) after 30 days at $10, let it expire again for 75-80 days and make another $10 payment. You will end up essentially be spending $10 or $20 over 6 months depending on your exact dates to keep the number

Need Help? Let's chat.