cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway that I could still get the $25 referral credit?

irisxiaolu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am new to PM. Heard about the $25 referral deal and went to a store activated my sim. Put the referral. Then was told it was online selfserve only.

Could anyone help? 

Iris

32 REPLIES 32

mariellepoirier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my referal and  i got 10 dollar credits so i don't know if you could or not

Or you could click here to send a Private Message to the Moderator Team

But I haven't seen $25 referral promos in months. My understanding is that currently you get one-time $10 credit (and ongoing $1 Referral Reward) and your referral gets one-time $10 credit. And in practice the account credits aren't instant savings, they're just extra funds which will to pay towards next billing cycle. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vokurka wrote:

Hi, I just reffered a friend and he forgot to put in the reffering code. Is there anzthing we can do?

First of all...this is an old thread with an expired promo. There is a current promo though which is probably why you're asking. It's not the same as this old promo.

Unfortunately, you'll need to muddle through the ? balloon in the lower right of this page to get to a form to get them to help.

vokurka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just reffered a friend and he forgot to put in the reffering code. Is there anzthing we can do?

irisxiaolu

@Lag333 wrote:

@irisxiaolu 

It's even confusing sometimes when you aren't new like me. I agree, it's really frustrating to hear from Customer service MOD's that they won't do anything. It's just the service model and a lot of us are in the same boat of just feeling left out and not valued. I get what I pay for though, and the service works. Benefits being that the cost of the plans are cheap. But due to getting that sort of "oh well" mentality from PM, I have the attitude that I will jump ship at any point if something better comes up. Like a Koodo migration plan for PM customers. There's a lot less loyalty on my end because of it. All in all, telus gets all the money anyway. 

I totally agree. 

Lag333

@irisxiaolu 

It's even confusing sometimes when you aren't new like me. I agree, it's really frustrating to hear from Customer service MOD's that they won't do anything. It's just the service model and a lot of us are in the same boat of just feeling left out and not valued. I get what I pay for though, and the service works. Benefits being that the cost of the plans are cheap. But due to getting that sort of "oh well" mentality from PM, I have the attitude that I will jump ship at any point if something better comes up. Like a Koodo migration plan for PM customers. There's a lot less loyalty on my end because of it. All in all, telus gets all the money anyway. 

irisxiaolu

You might need to contact MOD. I have received my $10 credit this morning (yesterday activation in store). And my friend also received his notice about referral. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mariellepoirier wrote:

i did not receive my 25 dollar credit for reffering a friend and my friend didn't receive it either and i did it online

When did you activate and did you include the friends number while you activated?

mariellepoirier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i did not receive my 25 dollar credit for reffering a friend and my friend didn't receive it either and i did it online

@Lag333 wrote:

@krazykiwi  ya I realized I had to pay 10 up front as well after one of the guys here mentioned it. The thing about that is, I already have a random new sim card sitting here doing nothing anyway. I might as well use it and get the 25 on my actual account since PM doesnt know how to time out their promotions for the best customer satisfaction. 

Yeah, if you have no need for the sim and cannot sell it to anyone, even if it is for half price, you may as well use it to recoup your sim cost and get the extra $4.50. Remember to use a different email for the account.

Lag333

@krazykiwi  ya I realized I had to pay 10 up front as well after one of the guys here mentioned it. The thing about that is, I already have a random new sim card sitting here doing nothing anyway. I might as well use it and get the 25 on my actual account since PM doesnt know how to time out their promotions for the best customer satisfaction. 

irisxiaolu

@irisxiaolu wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Lag333 wrote:

Ergh, I find this also an issue with pre-paid service. Screw up or anything and nobody's willing to help. Also, their back to back to back different promotions are driving me nuts as I jumped on the first one and missed out on a lot. They should have spread these promotions out. Now I'm going to go buy a sim card, also use an extra one I have at home to make 2 new accounts, just so I can collect 25 referral money for two of my PM accounts. Then throw out the new account cards.

This is the reason why retailers mostly have a price adjustment policy if you're within like 2 weeks or so. A month or two, and people don't care anymore. 

Sorry I think I kind of changed the topic of this thread i just needed to vent haha. 

In order for you to receive the $25 referral credit the person you refer (the 2 extra sims you plan on buying) will need to be activated with a plan. With the minimal plan being $10 and the cost of the sim being $10.50 gst incl. You will be getting $4.50 per account setup....alot of hassle for so little money would you not say?

@krazykiwi If @Lag333 refer a new sim to with an existing PM account, would both the new sim and the existing accounts get $25? 

@krazykiwi I was thinking if the $25 could be used to pay the first month $10 fee for the new sim. Then I realized that the $10 fee is charged up front right after the activation. 

@irisxiaolu wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Lag333 wrote:

Ergh, I find this also an issue with pre-paid service. Screw up or anything and nobody's willing to help. Also, their back to back to back different promotions are driving me nuts as I jumped on the first one and missed out on a lot. They should have spread these promotions out. Now I'm going to go buy a sim card, also use an extra one I have at home to make 2 new accounts, just so I can collect 25 referral money for two of my PM accounts. Then throw out the new account cards.

This is the reason why retailers mostly have a price adjustment policy if you're within like 2 weeks or so. A month or two, and people don't care anymore. 

Sorry I think I kind of changed the topic of this thread i just needed to vent haha. 

In order for you to receive the $25 referral credit the person you refer (the 2 extra sims you plan on buying) will need to be activated with a plan. With the minimal plan being $10 and the cost of the sim being $10.50 gst incl. You will be getting $4.50 per account setup....alot of hassle for so little money would you not say?

@krazykiwi If @Lag333 refer a new sim to with an existing PM account, would both the new sim and the existing accounts get $25? 

Yes, they would but the new activation needs to be done online.

irisxiaolu

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Lag333 wrote:

irisxiaolu

That makes me feel much better. It is confusing when you are new. And it is more depressing when you were told that nothing could be done. It is great to have this community. I wish I was reading posts on this community before I went to the store. 

Iris

Lag333

@krazykiwi ah good point. I do have an extra new sim card laying around though doing nothing. Had it for a couple years. Thanks to these ridiciulous back to back to back promos! I could have used it now and got the 10 dollars off for 6 months and 25 referral to two accounts. blah. I like the company, but whoever is timing these promotions don't understand customers whatsoever.

irisxiaolu

I also did it in London Drugs. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@irisxiaolu If you add a CC or Debit Visa card on any plan $30 or more for autopay you will get a $2 autopay reward every cycle as well.

Well..yes...but not complete. The autopay reward works for all plans. Maybe you're thinking of the 500mb plans.

Yes, I did confuse the 2. Thanks for clarifying.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

@irisxiaolu If you add a CC or Debit Visa card on any plan $30 or more for autopay you will get a $2 autopay reward every cycle as well.

Well..yes...but not complete. The autopay reward works for all plans. Maybe you're thinking of the 500mb plans.

And the 4.50 profit...Maybe easier than this community 🙂

@Lag333 

I agree. There should be like a 30 day price protection for new customers. You sign up in or out of a promo and another comes along that you would have taken. Should be able to switch. But alas. We take the service for what it is. 

@Lag333 wrote:

Lag333

@irisxiaolu If you add a CC or Debit Visa card for autopay you will get a $2 autopay reward every cycle as well.

@irisxiaolu wrote:

Thank you! I guess next time I need to be more careful about reading the details of the offers. And not to rely on the store person to give the details. They did not mention anything about the promotion. 

Yes, I missed a similar thing when I bought at London Drugs. The guy said nothing to me about a credit for activating instore.

irisxiaolu

Thank you! I guess next time I need to be more careful about reading the details of the offers. And not to rely on the store person to give the details. They did not mention anything about the promotion. 

@irisxiaolu wrote:

Thanks for the answers. But I don't even see the $10 referral credit. Got a message saying $0 referral. 

If you did have a referral number when you activated it will take a few days to show up and will only be applied to your account on plan renewal.

irisxiaolu

Thanks for the answers. But I don't even see the $10 referral credit. Got a message saying $0 referral. 

No sorry you can’t cancel your activation @irisxiaolu @the only thing you can do it’s to buy a new sim and do a new activation...Robot Frustrated

@irisxiaolu wrote:

Could I cancel the activation and do it again though?

Thanks in advance!

If the activation is completed no you can't.  You will get a $10 credit for using a referral.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@irisxiaolu wrote:

Thanks in advance!

That would be between you and Public Mobile to discuss.  However, you should note that policy says that there are no refunds.  Since you have already paid for service, you can't expect to get that back.

@irisxiaolu wrote:

Thanks in advance!

If you do this you will need another sim card and you will lose any funds you put into that account.

EDIT: As mentioned below, if you stay with the account you have set up you can contact the MODs and have them add the referral number which will give you the $10 off for 6 cycles.

To Contact the Moderators click this link and describe in detail your situation. I would just say that Walmart didn't add the number.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Need Help? Let's chat.