cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is self-serve down... or is it just me?

bcsteeve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I haven't been on in a long time.  I click the self-serve link and I just see a blank page.  I see in announcements that maintenance is expected but that isn't supposed to start until the 7th and it is just the 5th.

31 REPLIES 31

@Lowufo wrote:

Aaaargh! It must know I plan on activating my neighbour's account in a bit. I can do an entire activation in about 12 minutes but invariably I have at least one session lock out. If I only get one that I consider it successfully activated. Sometimes it's 4 or 5 times. The odd time no it's my fault  but most of the time.....i guess some people will do just about anything to get money...we'll  do just about anything to save our money!

I found if you don't use the autofill and manually type in each field it did not give me any issues.

@Lowufo  good suggestion...for others. Trust me I think I know every possible "trick" when activating an account but there are just system flaws that despite the users best preventative measures will thwart their efforts. Lately it's been it's refusal to accept visa/debit as payment upon activation.

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Aaaargh! It must know I plan on activating my neighbour's account in a bit. I can do an entire activation in about 12 minutes but invariably I have at least one session lock out. If I only get one that I consider it successfully activated. Sometimes it's 4 or 5 times. The odd time no it's my fault  but most of the time.....i guess some people will do just about anything to get money...we'll  do just about anything to save our money!

I found if you don't use the autofill and manually type in each field it did not give me any issues.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tman wrote:

I just tried it and it wasn't working still. Just loading a blank page after trying various methods suggested. 

-T

A few minutes ago, it was blank for me as well. I tried multiple browsers.  Now, it's fine. There isn't any trick to get it to work. it's a website problem.

@Tman wrote:

I just tried it and it wasn't working still. Just loading a blank page after trying various methods suggested. 

-T

A few minutes ago, it was blank for me as well. I tried multiple browsers.  Now, it's fine. There isn't any trick to get it to work. it's a website problem.

Tman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

-T

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Self serve is working now at 2:07 pm MT

@polaris_ultra try it but if it doesn't work wait till later tonight or tomorrow morning! 

polaris_ultra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@GR wrote:

@polaris_ultra  would it still be in your text from July I think it was or did you delete them? 

Great point! Found it. Thanks!

But now the problem is to activate the new sim card. Still need self-serve to set up the automatic payment, right?

polaris_ultra

Great point! Found it. Thanks!

But now the problem is to activate the new sim card. Still need self-serve to set up the automatic payment, right?

@polaris_ultra  would it still be in your text from July I think it was or did you delete them? 

polaris_ultra

Same here. I need to access the self-serve to get my referral code to qualify for the Refer-a-friend promotion. Just purchased the sim card and the promotion is ending soon. 

jumpstart

611 works !

@tangphoYup it is dead right now.

tangpho

Self-service is just loading a blank page as well. Multiple devices.

jumpstart

tried ONE more time on 611 and this time it worked...yay!!! 🙂

@jumpstart  good luck,  if 611 doesn't work hopefully by tonight the traffic on the website will slow down and self serve will work like it should! 

jumpstart

yeah I added the money but it wont let me add the add on, will try in a bit I guess I need it on asap I'm leaving for the usa soon! 😞

@jumpstart   oh, so you put the money on the account, maybe wait a bit a try again to buy the add on? 

jumpstart

wow, okay so I just called 611 to try and buy the USA data package, it told me to add money to my account first, which I did, and then when I tried to buy the package, it said we are having techncial difficulties, please go to the online community for help..uughhhhh

@jumpstart  I'm not sure but I believe you can purchase an add on using 611 from your phone as long as you have a credit card on your account and you remember the account pin number 

jumpstart

I need to do more than just pay, I need to add a USA add on! 😞 ugh

jumpstart

I've tried it on 3 different devices and with 3 different browsers, the other pages on public mobile come up , all except my account sign in page, which is the one I need! 😞

You can also make payments or purchase add-ons by call *611.  You need to a regustered credit card, purchase a voucher, or use virtual debit like rechage.com.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-through-611

bcsteeve

That sounded like a good idea, so I cleared the cache and tried incognito mode.  Also tried on my phone vs. laptop.  All same result... blank page.  It loads very quick!  lol... just blank.

Abdul11

Just checked it on my end and it is working. I would echo clearing cache and cookies.

Hope that helps

jumpstart

tried that didn't work for me, did it work for you?

jumpstart

I'm trying to get in too I need to add a USA data package as we are leaving on a trip and I've tried on my computer, on my phone, it won't load, it's just blank!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot.

@bcsteeve 

It works okay with my account.  Slow like usual.  

Try clearing cache, different web browser or incongito mode.  Chrome incognito seems to work well with this site. 

bcsteeve

Well, it isn't "slow".  The browser has finished loading.  It's just blank.  Even the source code is blank.

Need Help? Let's chat.