cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim

Lukus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey I started setting up a sim for my friend who's coming to public mobile, I got everything in and to the review part (second to last step) and realized I had some typos, so I used the previous button to go back (not the browser back button) however the website can't handle using it's own previous button and everything went haywire, no account created, no number attached to sim. So I thought OK start over. However when I go to do it all again it says invalid sim this time... Anyway to fix this issue?

16 REPLIES 16

jaguarbass

I guess wait the hour like everyone else is suggesting.  But I might go ahead and clear your browser's cache.

WEIXIONG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Generic error

jaguarbass

You could try forgot password at the login screen and see if it sends you an email to reset it.  If it doesn't email you a reset you should clear your cache on your browser, close and reopen the browser and the try to active again.  Did you have the correct information from your old provider typed in?

jaguarbass

What was the error message?  

@WEIXIONG wrote:

I was tried to activate my SIM card in order to transfer my number to PM, but after entered all the information including payment information I got an error message after I submitted the form. 

I waited a bit and tried to activate again but couldn't get past the first page as it said Invalid SIM. I tried again the next day and still received invalid SIM message on page 1. I tried to insert the SIM card into my phone and it shows no service. 

I tried to login with the emailed and password that I used for the SIM card it said "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again."

I have no idea what's wrong. PLEASE HELP!

First off, go into your online banking and check for a pending charge by Public Mobile. If there's one, your account was probably opened, but just not properly. If that's the case, you'll need to open a ticket to the moderators by using https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and typing in "rep" to start the process.

If there's is no pending charge on your credit card/visa debit account, wait more than 50 minutes and start the activation process over again.

WEIXIONG

I was tried to activate my SIM card in order to transfer my number to PM, but after entered all the information including payment information I got an error message after I submitted the form. 

I waited a bit and tried to activate again but couldn't get past the first page as it said Invalid SIM. I tried again the next day and still received invalid SIM message on page 1. I tried to insert the SIM card into my phone and it shows no service. 

I tried to login with the emailed and password that I used for the SIM card it said "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again."

I have no idea what's wrong. PLEASE HELP!

@breanna1928 wrote:

After a few attempts it shows a timer next to the "invalid sim" message. something like "try again in 50 minutes".

This message thread has had no activity for nearly 4 months.  I'm sure that the members got the desired answers.

breanna1928

After a few attempts it shows a timer next to the "invalid sim" message. something like "try again in 50 minutes".

@Malak2001 wrote:

Hi I bought SIM card on line but it doesn’t work. I try to activate on line but I couldn’t. 

Pls try to help me. 

By any chance did you start activating and press the back button at any time? Sometimes, when the activation process is started, the sim card number gets locked out for an hour.  

After an hour, try again, but perhaps try using Google Chrome after clearing the browser's caches and starting a tab in incognito mode.

If none of that works, it's possible that someone else may have activated that sim card previously by mistake.  If that happened, the sim card would need to be replaced.

@Malak2001Can you provide screenshots showing why you couldn't? We are all regular customers of Public Mobile, so we can't see what you are trying to do. Also because Public Mobile selfserve servers get overwhelmed during the day.. I would suggest doing important things like changing account / activating during off hours or better after midnight or early mornings.

Malak2001

Hi I bought SIM card on line but it doesn’t work. I try to activate on line but I couldn’t. 

Pls try to help me. 

chelsealzl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Hi, I had something similar happen to me. I just had to wait an hour for it to timeout and start over in a new webpage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lukus wrote:

Hey I started setting up a sim for my friend who's coming to public mobile, I got everything in and to the review part (second to last step) and realized I had some typos, so I used the previous button to go back (not the browser back button) however the website can't handle using it's own previous button and everything went haywire, no account created, no number attached to sim. So I thought OK start over. However when I go to do it all again it says invalid sim this time... Anyway to fix this issue?

Seems you have wait about an hour when that happens. The server is still holding the session. I guess it times out or something.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

You may have luck clearing your cache on your browser and using ingognito mode it's worked already today good luck

Greg1275

Or try logging into the account with the email and password you would have made a few steps previous to the page going haywire. 

Greg1275

If you still have the webpage pulled up, try refreshing the page a couple times possibly?

Need Help? Let's chat.