cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim - bad start - I paid and have no service???

Crash2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi  all;

I went to london drugs bought a sim and activated it today. Hours and hours ago got the welcome message but my sim say no service and invalid sim.   I have reset and rebooted the phone about 10 times.  Please help!!!   My account says active no sure what to do???  Please help!!!   Missing calls am posting the problem all over the internet trying to get some sort of resolution including here and emailed the moderator team.  No success yet,  posting all over tryinf to find help with this Public Mobile issue?   As I am dead and with a phone so far NOT impressed.  
13 REPLIES 13

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Crash2 wrote:

Hi  all;

I went to london drugs bought a sim and activated it today. Hours and hours ago got the welcome message but my sim say no service and invalid sim.   I have reset and rebooted the phone about 10 times.  Please help!!!   My account says active no sure what to do???  Please help!!!   Missing calls am posting the problem all over the internet trying to get some sort of resolution including here and emailed the moderator team.  No success yet,  posting all over tryinf to find help with this Public Mobile issue?   As I am dead and with a phone so far NOT impressed.  

You'll have to message the moderators for further assistance. Good luck and let us know when and how it gets resolved.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux wrote:

To send a message to the moderator-team you will need to click on the enveloppe in right up of the page... new message in private and write moderator-team and it will appear.. and give them your problem and explications. You can wait about 24 to 48 hours lately... you will have an answer be patient.Smiley Happy

@Crash2 you can read more about this process here:  How to Get Help

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

To send a message to the moderator-team you will need to click on the enveloppe in right up of the page... new message in private and write moderator-team and it will appear.. and give them your problem and explications. You can wait about 24 to 48 hours lately... you will have an answer be patient.Smiley Happy

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Crash2 wrote:

Still having issue invalid sim error

Which phone are you using?

For iPhone, have you try this procedure?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201420&ved=2a...

Solution removed as OP still having issues.

@Crash2, have you sent a private message to the Moderator_Team account?  As I write this, they are not working at this time, but will be at 9 AM Eastern Time.

Crash2

Not sure why this tread is marked solved when I still have  NO SERVICE - and the PROBLEM STILL EXISTS!!!!

Crash2

What I meant was tried my koodos card and the phone works with her account -  so not a phone issue - tried roommates rogers sim card and no issue? 

Went to the store and returned the card and got a new card and still the same issue.   

Crash2

Still having issue invalid sim error

@Crash2 wrote:

Actually took your advice and bought another sim same issue - verified phone is unlocked test with GF card works great.

I'm a bit confused...you've indicated that you have been provided with a solution to your question. Is that correct or are you still unable to use the phone.

Crash2

Actually took your advice and bought another sim same issue - verified phone is unlocked test with GF card works great.

Crash2

No porting PM assigned 

Tried buying a new sim and changing sim same issue.

Tried the lost and then found trick still the same issue.

still get no service or invalid sim.  Beginning to think this was a huge mistake,.

frank312

when I bought a SIM card about one month ago, the same problem。 NO SIM!

So I went to walmart bought another one~~~~~~

until now , works well!

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Are you porting your number from another provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.