Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid and intermittent error messages

Paulmcc88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For several years I intermittently get error messages when dialing:  

"Talk is not included in your plan"

"Your plan does not include long distance"

These are Public Mobile recorded messages.  The error message occurs within Public Mobile - i.e. before the call gets placed beyond the network.  

Sometimes the error goes away when I re-dial again (or after several tries) and sometimes it last for hours or days.  

My plan (unlimited talk and long distance in Canada) has not changed in years.  

My account is verified as up to date and active.  

Removing my phones sim card for at least a minute then restarting the phone does seem to clear the problem by re-registering on the network.  This is not a practical solution, nor should it be necessary to carry around a pin all the time to eject my sim card every time the network has a glitch.  

Clearly the problem is related to an error in the Public Mobile authentication system, corrupted profiles, or similar.   

Please raise a Technical Investigation to determine why this happens intermittently and implement a fix.  

Thanks

Paul

1 REPLY 1

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Paulmcc88 This isn't new, a lot of people experience this from time to time. I have saved all of my contacts with 1 and area code and so far I have not received either of these messages. What plan are you on. The talk not included message will happen if you have limited minutes plan and have ran out. Beyond this, if you want PM to do something you will need to contact them. We are just customers like you. 

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the chat bubble bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 12.40.34 PM.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.