cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM then failed activation VISA denied sort of

Nikki-Chick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

SIM card arrived and we tried to activate. NFG!

Desire is to port my wifes Rogers number to PM.

She wants the 90 day province wide voice with global text and 6GB data.

Also setup for direct visa payments.

In any case when we tried to activate the sim card, and it came up invalid.

We have checked the 19 digit number several times and tried to activate it more than a few times.

Emailing support got us a message stating that email address is not monitored (WTF?).

I just fired off another email in case they do check it now and then.

lil help?

Thanks

32 REPLIES 32

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Morris88 wrote:

Hellow there, did they sim e your problem ? 

@Morris88 this thread was last active about 2.75 years ago before your reply.  I'm pretty sure it's been LONG resolved.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Morris88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hellow there, did they sim e your problem ? 

Nikki-Chick

I would suggest using the help function and wait for an email back.

trying more than once might make it worse...

Olivia1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi I am having issues with this also
Recently received sim in the mail. When I go to register it says invalid sim. Please help.

srlawren

Great news, @Nikki-Chick!  A very long-overdue:  welcome to Public Mobile!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Nikki-Chick

Its been a long hard road but finally the port is successfully completed.!!!

It took a week total. I filled out another help form this morning and sent a PM to Mary just in case.

Not one step went smoothly the first try.

- SIM Number was no good (had to get a second SIM)

- Activation failed 3 times (VISA was ok, according to bank, but PM could not charge for some reason)

- Port was delayed so we had a temp number for 2 days

- Had to manually port number with PM doing the work instead of automatically as we were told.

I cant imagine not having some savy about how this all works and trying to overcome all these failures.

I can say if things go like this while using the service that we will probably jump ship with little provocation, but lets remain optimistic shall we.

hooray.gif

thanks.jpg

srlawren

@Nikki-Chick it sounds like you are almost there!  Did the port complete successfully?  If not, please try powering off the phone, removing the SIM card, waiting about 60 seconds, then reinserting the card and powering back on.  Sometimes a reboot is required at the end of the port for the phone to recognize.

After doing that, are all of these now working?

1) Inbound calls to your Rogers number come to your PM SIM phone?

2) Outbound calls from your PM SIM phone show up with your Rogers number on recieving call display?

3) Inbound text messages to your Rogers number come to your PM SIM phone?

4) Outobund text messages from your PM SIM phone show as coming from your Rogers number?

If so, then the port is successfully completed.  If not, then please let us know which one(s) are not working, and a moderator can assist to get you over the finish line.

Nikki-Chick

So Today we put in the PM SIM card and the temp number worked just fine. We put back in my Rogers SIM and it no longer worked, so I guess things are progressing. My number no longer works with Rogers.

Anyone know how long after the Roger SIM stops working that PM will replace my temp number with my ported number? I was told it would happen automatically. I was also told that when the port went through I would get a text to the temp number, which also hasnt happened yet.

Probably have to wait for someone to manually do something at the office in the AM ?

worried-woman-sm.jpg

Nikki-Chick

I cant say what my current provider will do with my number after I slam the goodbye door in their face by trying to port out to another provider. Hopefully they dont find a reason to deactivate the number. My bill is on autopay and there shouldnt be any reasons, but people get upset when you just walk out the door after such a long profitable relationship.

Thanks Mary

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Nikki-Chick

Don't worry about you're number - as long as it remains active with your other provider, our back-end team will get over to our side within that timeframe 🙂 You're not losing anything, I assure you !

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Nikki-Chick

OK,

so apparently Mary has manually completed my activation.

The port was in limbo since there had been multiple requests.

I'll be more than upset if I loose the phone number I have had for over a decade!

Mary set me up with a temporary (10 days) number that I can use while waiting for the port to go through 24-72 hours/

I'll get a text message when things are ready then the port will go through and my number will be automatically updated by the system.

I'm hopefull but not confident.

Mary said "The issue was actually the activation portal itself - a glitch in our system prevented the activation from going through"

This at least makes me feel better knowing it wasnt my error, as I thought all along, and PM admitting it was their glitch instead of lying about it.

I'll update this thread when things have progressed and I'm smiling or jumping ship.

thunbs.gif

srlawren
Hi @Nikki-Chick, the moderators are on staff from 9am to 9pm EST Monday to Thursday, and 9am to I think 5:30 or 6pm EST Friday to Sunday.

Nikki-Chick

Mary replied a few times.

No resolve yet.

I tried a third time about an hour ago with no luck. Still says denied. As of last night RBC says it is all good, meaning no reason that the charge should no go through. I was in and out today so this seems to be taking days of my life to complete what really should have taken an hour.

I could try a different credit card but if each step along the way is this difficult I cant imagine trying to change it back to my preffered card.

Trying to be patient.

Can anyone tell me what hours support people are around?

Seems to me very little response before 10am pacific and after 6pm pacific.

I hate reaching out to more than one person at a time but those hours of my day my availability is sparadoc.

Wish me luck or what ever I require to proceed.

Thanks

Nikki-Chick

I had sent a few private messages,

Mary has replied and also Guetson to my help request.

So far I am wondering what I have gotten myself into.

Not a great experiance up to now, hopefully it will get better.

I was very careful to not make any mistakes filling out and submitting the forms.

I'll post here when things finalize or I move on to koodo.

srlawren

@Shazia_K or @Mary_M, can you please help @Nikki-Chick out?  She has had a rough go of this activation. 😞

Nikki-Chick

Actually....

As I said I was expecting the charge of $134.40, as was shown all the way along on my end until the "transaction denied" message at the end. Which is why it was so disturbing to hear from RBC that PM made a $120 charge on my VISA.

I tried twice before calling RBC and posting here. I never got a positive response or notice from PM that the VISA worked (even though it was for $120 and not $134.40). I'm not sure how you can think the credit card was charged correctly? Lastly no confirmation email, but then why would there be?

Rogers SIM still seems active for incoming and outgoing calls.

Thanks for being there...

payment-nogood.jpg 

You won't see AutoPay credit until your first renewal.  Secondly, the rebate on the sim you must apply for via email.  See your confirmation email for instructions on that.

And finally, your credit card was charged correctly if you are in BC.  It's $120 + 12% taxes.

Nikki-Chick

OK,

SIM card arrived today via Priority Post.

Creating account went good. Input Number porting information, picked all plan options and inserted VISA payment info.

Payment came up as denied twice. Called RBC and the said Public Mobile put through a few Dummy $0 transactions then charged my card $120. None of that was shown on my end. The total represented at my end was $134.40. Mind you we are supposed to be credited the original shipping cost of the SIM ($10 plus taxes ) and disount for going with the auto-pre-payment option.

My main concern is that I can not log into my Public Mobile account and I am worried about the existing phone number that we have had for over a decade and is now in limbo??

AHHHHHH !!!!!

Nikki-Chick

So far no replacement SIM card has arrived to my home in Kamloops.

I,ll try the mail box shortly but it wasnt there as of early this morning.

fingers.jpg

srlawren
@makkhahn28 that's great, but in this case the sim card hadn't even gone into the phone yet. It's not in the system for some reason, so activation is failing.

Actually, Ivalid Sims doesn't ALWAYS mean defective.

The phone I got my father, Jethro, was already unlocked and I had Sim in, Invalid Sim initially displayed

When I rebooted Phone Invalid turned to Public Mobile

Nikki-Chick

Saray has concluded that the SIM is defective.

All in all that does not make sense since I never even tried to use the SIM card.

The SIM card number not correctly added to the system, now that makes sense.

Either way they tell me a replacement is on the way, which will hopefully over come the issue.

Thanks for the effort

srlawren

@sm2016 think you just beat me to that!  We must have been typing at about the same time.  Cheers.

srlawren

@Nikki-Chick was @Saray_O able to help get you past the issue?  Or did she come to the conclusion that you do need to wait for a replacement SIM card?

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth You're misunderstanding @Nikki-Chick, the sim card has not even been put in the phone yet. They are simply trying to activate it on activate.publicmobile.ca

srlawren

@Korth not sure if you noticed, but @Nikki-Chick indicated the card hasn't even been inserted into the phone yet.  I they are trying to activate the card, and the activation site is complaining that it's an invalid SIM card number.  It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the phone being locked or unlocked (so far).

"Invalid SIM" = carrier-locked device.  I'm fairly certain your phone is locked to Rogers, and if so then it will not work on the Public Mobile network (or any other non-Rogers network) until it is unlocked.

Nikki-Chick

FYI,

This has nothing to do with how the SIM card is behaiving in the hand set. It has not even been put into the hand set yet. This is about activating the account.

I have been told a new SIM is on the way, but I will PM you just the same Saray_0

Thanks

I have something about that

When I had to replace my Dad's phone and order New Sim, had similar Invalid Message on phone, Just rebooted phone, and all was fine. Just me offering another option

Need Help? Let's chat.