cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International texts: Cannot send or receive

Roo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

My plan includes international texts but I have not been able to send or receive texts to or from any number in the United Kingdom.  How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Roo

6 REPLIES 6

@Roo wrote:

Thanks for trying but no that's not it.  I understand how to use country codes and such.  The most important thing is that I will be able to receive texts from abroad but I am unable to.  For example, my bank and credit card companies in the UK send me verification codes by text when I log in to my UK accounts.  Since switching over to Public Mobile I have not been able to receive them from anyone.

I'm using an iPhone.

@RooTry accessing your bank account online (you might have to call their support line if 2FA is turned on and you don't have an alternate option to login). Once you are in remove the 2FA number and logout. Log back in and setup 2FA again using your PM number. Did it work? Banks have additional security checks and built-in protection so sometimes you need to reset 2FA from the start and verify the number before you are able to receive their texts.

Roo

Thanks.  I was not aware that PM could not accept messages of this type from outside Canada.  I will wait to hear what a mod replies with, but it may be that you are correct about this being the issue.  Thanks again.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Usually, banks will send SMS short code messages for that purpose.  I don't think that Pubic Mobile recieves international short code messages.  Canadian short code, but not international.  

Here is a thread on the short code messages that Public mobile accepts:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-short-codes-are-supported-by-Publi...

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You may need to reach out to the @CS_Agent, though things appear to be pretty busy now unfortunately.

Roo

Thanks for trying but no that's not it.  I understand how to use country codes and such.  The most important thing is that I will be able to receive texts from abroad but I am unable to.  For example, my bank and credit card companies in the UK send me verification codes by text when I log in to my UK accounts.  Since switching over to Public Mobile I have not been able to receive them from anyone.

I'm using an iPhone.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Compose a text message then enter the following in the 'To' field: 011, then the country code, then the region code, then the mobile phone number.

Does that help ?

PS...what kinda phone are you using ?

Need Help? Let's chat.