cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internaional Texting does not Work

rgpineda28
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Admins I really need a help, Before I only got the 10$ plan but recently switich to 30$ Plan to have the unlimited canadawide call and text as well as the Unlimited international texting but as I try to message my friends in the Philippines it failed to send saying that it could not send. What do I need to do to fix this?, Thanks you very much

32 REPLIES 32

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rgpineda28

Can you please try sending a text to Philippines again by adding only 63 in the beginning (and not 011) to your desired number, like 

63 123 456 7890

And if it works, please update this post.

I'm surprised.. @sa7375..I have never text yet...yes yes it will come...for a call you will dial for France 0 11 33.........not for the text????

@mimmo wrote:

@makkahn28 not following.

Calling is limited to 18 countries

Texting there should not be any restrictions.

Once outside of Canada/us pm phones do not work.

To be more accurate, PM does work in the U.S. if you purchase an calling or texting add-on.

See the add-ons section here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

sa7375

@Luddite

Re your comment "The easiest way to confirm is to send a text". I can confirm this as my plan includes International Text and I haven't had a problem — at least not thus far. Adding the right prefix of the country code followed by the number sends the SMS to any country and is not limited to the 14 countries as may be for voice calls. 

It's critical to have the right format e.g. for France it would be 33 123 456 7890, and so on. 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Gotta ask.

@rgpineda28 are you in Canada when you are trying to text?

and what number are you trying text (leave the last 4 digits as xxxx) so we can see the format

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rgpineda28 wrote:

I did not now about that. I'd just rely on the site and it says that International texting is unlimited. I thought any country applies to it. Sigh

@rgpineda28 you did not know about it because it doesn't exist.  International texting is not  limited to 18 countries as @makkahn28 would have you believe.  Sorry you were given this misinformation.

@makkahn28 wrote:

IF you require, Taxi, or something, and Texting a Cab, Regular Text system with PM'

s 18 Country on International L-D List is Miss-Miss-Miss

@makkahn28 huh?  why would you be ordering a Taxi for somewhere else in the world while yourself being in Canada?  This makes zero sense.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jessica_T

It has been suggested that outside of north america international texting is worldwide, unlimited but unreliable and it is better to use a data app like whatsapp

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rgpineda28 wrote:

Hello Admins I really need a help, Before I only got the 10$ plan but recently switich to 30$ Plan to have the unlimited canadawide call and text as well as the Unlimited international texting but as I try to message my friends in the Philippines it failed to send saying that it could not send. What do I need to do to fix this?, Thanks you very much

As long as Telus has an agreement with the Provider in the Philippines your text will go through as long as you use the correct format +63 followed by the mobile number 

mimmo

@Luddite the op says the phone says message failed to send, not sent but failed to receive.  Not sure if it makes a difference.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@rgpineda28 Periodically there are discussions on this topic; for example https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-countries-are-included-in-Internat....

I cannot recall any formal confirmation from Public Mobile but the concensus is that texts can be sent to almost every country. The easiest way to confirm is to send a text; it will either be delivered or not. No charge either way of course if one has a text included plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@makkahn28, I am an Oracle.  I'm telling you this.  The 18 international calling destinations are not tied to the SMS.  If you're having problems sending an SMS internationally, please contact the Moderators via PM.

Please kindly refrain from arguing from authority. Just because you're now just recently appointed an Oracle does not necessarily mean that you're going to be right about everything here.

I happen to agree with you on this topic...but I'm just pointing out the unpleasant taste of your stance.

I do not believe unlimted texting is limited to the 18 countries, and it has never been advertised like that.

What I will say is that there will be some phoen numbers in some countries that cannot be texted. For messages to get delivered, Telus would have to have an agreement with the other carrier.  There are probably some carriers who Telus does not have those agreements in place.  In additional, for any text messages going from one carrier to another, an intermediary company is always involved for delivery of said messages.

I belive international text has always been noctoriously unreliable.

mimmo

@rgpineda28 back to your issue,

what phone are you using?

Can you try a different sms app?

Has this always happened?

Are they single sms or mms

Can you receive sms?

Have you tried replying to a received sms?

Edit have you turned on data or set up anp? Sms turn into mms over a certain number of characters or when images are attached

@makkahn28, I am an Oracle.  I'm telling you this.  The 18 international calling destinations are not tied to the SMS.  If you're having problems sending an SMS internationally, please contact the Moderators via PM.

@stonechucker

Don't shout at me.

The Text system appears to have an issue. 

PM Mods shouls at least address this, for a MORE definite answer

mimmo

@makkahn28 where are you getting this info from?

@makkahn28 wrote:

@mimmo, The Global Texting appears to be Linked to the 18 Countries, NOT the Majority

What'sapp is more like social Media like, not one where, Let's say you need to use Short Codes, example.

So, with that, PM's Global Text appears to be at a disadvantage point

Regular Text system does more, inregards to Services that What'sapp doesn't offer

Unfortunately

@makkahn28  - NO IT IS NOT.  THIS IS WRONG.

Please read my other post above - the 18 countries are for CALLING restrictions only.  NOT SMS.

@mimmo, The Global Texting appears to be Linked to the 18 Countries, NOT the Majority

What'sapp is more like social Media like, not one where, Let's say you need to use Short Codes, example.

So, with that, PM's Global Text appears to be at a disadvantage point

Regular Text system does more, inregards to Services that What'sapp doesn't offer

Unfortunately

mimmo

@makkahn28 not following.

Calling is limited to 18 countries

Texting there should not be any restrictions.

Once outside of Canada/us pm phones do not work.

@mimmo, What'sapp has some limitations, UNLESS many businesses adopted the What'sapp OR WEchat, then that could be a MUCH more better Option.

Text on regular App is limited.

IF you require, Taxi, or something, and Texting a Cab, Regular Text system with PM'

s 18 Country on International L-D List is Miss-Miss-Miss

@rgpineda28, the texting is NOT LIMITED to the 18 countries.  It should work for almost every country - I do not use it, so I cannot confirm this.  However, the CALLING is for on 18 countries (including the US).

rgpineda28

I did but still does not work

@Lieux, PM in my opinion needs to do more, Beyond what is currently offered

mimmo

@makkahn28 is there limitations on what numbers/countries that we can send and to?

@rgpineda28 have yiu thought of using whatsapp. Many people prefer that over regular smses

rgpineda28

I did not now about that. I'd just rely on the site and it says that International texting is unlimited. I thought any country applies to it. Sigh

rgpineda28

Sorry @makkahn28 it's my error!!!I spoke about calls and not texts!!!

mimmo

@rgpineda28 are you formatting the number correctly?

+(or 00 I think) countrycode  number?

Yes I see it after..thanks @wetcoaster

I think PM needs to REALLY Expand the List of Countries, AT VERY LEAST, for Global Texting

The Current System is Inadequate, as well as Obtuse

Need Help? Let's chat.