cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete phone number transfer messing up my texts?

straberinde
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, a bit of background: I'm decided t switch from Primus to Public Mobile when I got a new phone about two weeks ago. Everythign went fine, but I noticed that it was taking a REALLY long time to port my number over. More than two days. I even got a call from Public Mobile to double check that I had inputed the right IEM number for my old phone.

But after a few days of using my new phone I was really dissatisfied with how quickly it was dying on me, and returned it. At that point, the number still seems not to have ported over properly, because I keep getting calls on my old phone. I kept the new SIM card and just reported my phone as stolen in order to 'pause' my Public Mobile account untill I get a new phone in about a week.

Today I find out that friend has been trying to text me but I haven't been recieving any texts.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@straberinde wrote:

So, a bit of background: I'm decided t switch from Primus to Public Mobile when I got a new phone about two weeks ago. Everythign went fine, but I noticed that it was taking a REALLY long time to port my number over. More than two days. I even got a call from Public Mobile to double check that I had inputed the right IEM number for my old phone.

@straberinde  Isn't Primus a VOIP provider? VOIP provider ports can take up to two weeks to complete.

But after a few days of using my new phone I was really dissatisfied with how quickly it was dying on me, and returned it. At that point, the number still seems not to have ported over properly, because I keep getting calls on my old phone. I kept the new SIM card and just reported my phone as stolen in order to 'pause' my Public Mobile account untill I get a new phone in about a week.

Why would you suspend your account? How is the port suppose to complete when you PM account is suspended?

Today I find out that friend has been trying to text me but I haven't been recieving any texts.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

I think you should consider removing your account suspension so that the port can complete. Once the Primus port fails it's going to take a lot longer to port your number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@straberinde- If the number port has not completed, your texts should be going to the old Primus account (assuming it has texts???).  If not, then your text would go nowhere.  At this point, I would contact moderators to see what's holding up the port.  Two weeks should be plenty of time.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 8AM-Midnight(EST) & Sat/Sun 8AM-10:00PM(EST)

Need Help? Let's chat.