cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming charge? And/or 9025804001?? Voicemail???

esperanto41
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As a brand new user of just over a month, I only have 4 incoming calls, 3 of which were quick trials, and one an international incoming of 14 minutes (which was from Portugal, but my PM usage says "Nova Scotia! Go figure.) Checking the knowledge base, I found this:

Can you confirm that all incoming calls are free of charge, whether they come from Canada or international, on all Public Mobile plans? And that there is no limit to the amount or duration of incoming calls?

[The answer}

makkahn28

Mayor / Maire

Re: Charges for incoming international calls

Hello. Yes, All Incoming Calls, Domestic and International, are Free.

Therefore, I was surprised to learn from the My Account page that I had already used up 17 minutes of my 50 minute $10/mo. plan. My LC 440C flip phone says I dialed 9 completed calls, mostly trials, all less than half a minute each, from Aug. 10 to date. (My PM start date was July 16, but I was abroad from July 21 till Aug. 10 and unable to use the phone till then.)  I also dialed 6 incompleted calls of 0 minutes each.

And why did I lose two more minutes just since I started this post, with no phone calls in or out??

Meanwhile, I then stumbled across the 9025804001 self-dialing problem  WTF?? Because in my usage page on PM, there they are, like carpenter ants, NINE of them, but not listed in my phone itself. So who is bleeding my minutes on a very-seldom-used cell-phone?? Note that some of those uncalled-for 4001 calls were when I was abroad, and could not use my cellphone. That 4001 link above gives some extremely complicated workarounds to disable the 4001 thing, which is a voicemail affair. But it is a voicemail number which PM foists on us, and which I can't change, according to my LC 440C Manual.

I think PM and the mods owe the user base a very frank and detailed description of just what are "minutes", Also, PM and mods should get rid of that 9025804001 nonsense immediately. So therefore, I am copying this post to a personal message as well.

8 REPLIES 8

@esperanto41 wrote:

Now I have to see how to disable the darn voicemail. ;-(

@esperanto41, try the Extended Absence Greeting option 😉

Another option might be to disable some call forwarding options.

esperanto41

That much I knew. The unpleasant surprise was unexpected, unknown, unwanted, and unrecorded (in my cellphone) voicemail charges draining my 50 minutes.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

From what I can tell, the numbers work.  Three trial calls will result in 3 minutes used.  There was an incoming call of 14 minutes, total 17 minutes. 

We are no longer in the era where there is by the second billing.  Calling time rounds up to the nearest minute.  Here is the knowledge base explaining how minutes are metered.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

esperanto41

OK, thanks for the clarification.

Our goal is to provide our customers with simple plans ...

Ha ha! The word "gerrymander" comes to mind. The promo page does not include some of the things on the "spoiler" page: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/plans/10for50talk50text, allthough hidden beneath an arrow is this line : 

9 Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes.

So the "spoiler" page does indeed spoil some aspects of the $10 plan. Now I have to see how to disable the darn voicemail. ;-(

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@esperanto41, please read the linked post below, and see the Spoiler section for details. you will see that minutes are charged on this $10 plan for incoming calls answered, and voice mail messages left.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Plan-updates-new-10-limited-talk-and-te...

As the consumer, it is your responsibility to read and understand the terms and conditions on the plan you sign up for.

The information you posted above, was written regarding all Public Mobile plans containing at least the talk option, which at the time of the writing were all unlimited plans. The $10 plan is limited talk.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If someone leaves you a voicemail, that number will appear in your usage history.

edit: Nevermind, I see that you figure that out.

esperanto41

Looks ok at my end; but I did PM it to mod team.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Your HTML formatting is broken.

There is nothing else that can help your situation. A PM is enough.

Need Help? Let's chat.