cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Self Serve Usage, what is call type "Web"?

pajo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In Self Serve Usage History, there is a Data Usage column. Where can I find a list of the types of data usage? For example, I have Data Usage where Call Type = "Web". What does that mean? I have such usage listed on a day I did not use my phone, so I'd like to find out what is using my data.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@pajo 

That will include either mobile data for internet search and/or MMS messaging.

If you're NOT using data for any internet based searching/browsing (make sure Mobile Data is OFF and any wi-fi assist settings are also not set to allow Data to activate when wi-fi is weak),  don't worry - MMS service doesn't accumulate toward your data consumption allotment.

Your device should also allow you to search which applications are showing to have consumed any data or wi-fi over the last 30 days or so - check there and see.  It's a good idea to see what consumes differ levels of data to allow one to better manage data when enabled.

See Pic. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 11.46.10 AM.png

Note usage type is MB

If you click in the green bar USAGE TYPE  it will sort and you will see it all together. 

Also your phone probably tracks usage by app etc. 

What kind of phone do you have?

You can google your phone "how to reduce usage of data on iPhone 8" etc..

Then you will see your options to control. Like turning off APPS from using data and only allowing updates over wifi. 

Also consider leaving your data turned off all the time and only turn it on to use and then back off. That is..if you only have 250mb per 30 days. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@pajo 

If you turn your data off and on or even turn your phone off with data enabled, your phone will call to the public mobile data server. This is to enable mms on your phone

This type of data is free for everyone. No need to worry about it.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

WEB = Data

Need Help? Let's chat.