cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMPT and Urgent: Can't submit ticket / can't port number

lahtyo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just activated my new Public sim card on Mar 2 2020 and paid for my new plan then.

I need to port in my exisitng phone number from Chatr TODAY as my Chatr account is expiring today.

I've tried for the past several hours to submit a ticket many many times but it keeps giving me a 404 error message. One time we're able to enter all the details required on the ticket but it still didn't let me hit the "Submit" buttom after many attempts.

I really need to port in my number today before my Chatr account expires.

Please kindly do it right away. 

Thank you

17 REPLIES 17

@dabr  Nope, not just YOUR opinion..... not letting us know leaves us giving people incorrect information on how to solve their problem.

@computergeek541  wrote:

Whatever the case, Public Mobile would be the ones who need to make that annoucement. If you check for yourself in your account, you will see what I'm talking about.

I see the error when trying the transfer number option in self serve, but that would be more reason for PM to make an official announcement.  JMO

@dabr 

Whatever the case, Public Mobile would be the ones who need to make that annoucement. If you check for yourself in your account, you will see what I'm talking about. 

@computergeek541  wrote:

This issue here had to do with Public Mobile disabling the option to port a number in from the serve serve account. An error message currently shows up if anyone tries to port a number. Hopefully, Public Mobile has some type of self serve account improvements in mind. Unfortuantely, from a customer's standpoint, someone shouldn't find out about Public Mobile doing something like this only when trying to transfer a phone number in.

@computergeek541  If that is the case then it would be helpful if PM made an official announcement so that everyone here on the community responding to other members' issues can provide the correct information.

@computergeek541 

This is a terrible way for public mobile to disable such a vital function of ones self serve account and not make any kind of announcement or warning of the inability to initiate ones own port and also require a moderators assistance (but explains the longer wait times recently). It seems they haven't even given the oracle team much information on the sudden change and leaves many more questions and very few if any answers.

When your business model relies on the community to triage your customer service and support.... to leave us in the dark and we continue to advise activating with a temporary number is the fail safe option gives a new customer a very poor first impression of not only the community's ability to problem solve and provide effective customer support but public mobiles professionalism as a mobility provider and it's brand of a hands on consumer controlled self managed account system. Information is power and keeping your customers informed is usually one of public mobiles better attributes.

@Tiana_V  and @Alan_K  some clarification is definetly needed on this new development and it's timeline of inaccessibility for users. Should we be advising porting ones number should be done upon activation unless its not possible as it is with prepaid koodo and pc mobility accounts? Should new customers  pursue in store activations ( and possible incentives) to avoid any pitfalls by relying on a professional to handle their activations and number porting? Can phone numbers still be ported in at that point or does every new customer require a temporary number to activate? Should we revise the moderator service timelines that have greatly improved in the last six months? If so how will this affect service times overall? Is this a short term disruption or a sign of the times and an indication of a new direction of porting protection? So many more questions...?

@dabr wrote:

@lahtyo wrote:

Thanks Already did but no reply, and i must do it today before my chatr account expires end of the day

@lahtyo  Response time from moderators could take anywhere from 1-24 hours. Usually you should hear something within the next couple of hours, keep an eye on the envelope icon top right of your screen.

Have you activated your SIM and online account yet?  Because if you have you should be able to port in your number yourself.  Here is a link if you haven't activated yet: https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-started

This issue here had to do with Public Mobile disabling the option to port a number in from the serve serve account. An error message currently shows up if anyone tries to port a number. Hopefully, Public Mobile has some type of self serve account improvements in mind. Unfortuantely, from a customer's standpoint, someone shouldn't find out about Public Mobile doing something like this only when trying to transfer a phone number in.

@lahtyo 

It's good to see that a moderator sent you a message. Once they can verify your identity and account information, porting often completes in 30 minutes from the time that the moderator submits the request. 

Affter taking to one of the moderators, you'll receive a text message from Public Mobile once the transfer request has completed. Your Chatr service will also stop working at the same moment.  Hopefully, the moderators were able get this done for you in good time.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Have you activated your SIM and online account yet?  Because if you have you should be able to port in your number yourself.  Here is a link if you haven't activated yet: https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-started

Yeah, that's what I got to thinking as well, since the OP hasn't said, one way or the other, whether that's been done.

Yes, it's always a little unclear when someone posts without detailing what they may have already tried, so we can only guess.  Luckily the moderators seem to have responded quickly to OP!

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi @lahtyo,

We contacted you via private message, please check you Community account inbox and reply using it.

Alex_G

PM MOD

Hi

If you look at the top right you will see a little envelope, that's where all the private messages are

Good luck

@dabr wrote:

Yeah, that's what I got to thinking as well, since the OP hasn't said, one way or the other, whether that's been done.

@lahtyo  the mods are referring to the envelope top right of your screen.

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi @lahtyo,

We contacted you via private message, please check you Community account inbox and reply using it.

Alex_G

PM MOD

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lahtyo wrote:

Thanks Already did but no reply, and i must do it today before my chatr account expires end of the day

@lahtyo  Response time from moderators could take anywhere from 1-24 hours. Usually you should hear something within the next couple of hours, keep an eye on the envelope icon top right of your screen.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @lahtyo,

Alex_G

PM MOD

lahtyo

Thanks Already did but no reply, and i must do it today before my chatr account expires end of the day. Chatr says as long as i submit the porting request but end of the day its fine. Very frustrated by how  complicated and not user friendly public mobile side is though

lahtyo

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@lahtyo  Wow, you kind of left it a little late, i.e. you've had 8 days before today to get it done, and given that SOMETIMES the port takes several hours, it MIGHT not get done today. If porting that number is CRUCIAL, you might have to throw some money at Chatr to keep that account active, so the number doesn't disappear if you don't get the port done before your Chatr account expires. Good luck!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lahtyo wrote:

Hi,

I just activated my new Public sim card on Mar 2 2020 and paid for my new plan then.

I need to port in my exisitng phone number from Chatr TODAY as my Chatr account is expiring today.

I've tried for the past several hours to submit a ticket many many times but it keeps giving me a 404 error message. One time we're able to enter all the details required on the ticket but it still didn't let me hit the "Submit" buttom after many attempts.

Please kindly do it right away. My Chatr account number is xxxxx

Thank you

@lahtyo   Try sending a private message to Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@lahtyo contact the moderators directly using this private  message ink   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Pleas use the 3 dots right of your post  to remove your chatr account from the post. It's a public forum.

@lahtyo wrote:

Hi,

Please kindly do it right away. My Chatr account number is xxx

Thank you

Need Help? Let's chat.