cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I will be away from the country for 2 full months during summer, what can I do with the plan?

kaitlynszetu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently using 4Gb data + calls + text plan monthly plan.  But I will not be in my city for 2 full months during Summer (July, August), will be back only in the beginning of September.  My plan cut off date is 22nd of every month.  Do I have the options of opting out the service for 1.5 months while still be able to keep the same mobile number?  I wish to keep the same mobile phone number, but ideally would like to temporarily suspend the plan until I return to Canada, then I reactivate the number.  Alternatively, can I change the plan to minimal charges just to keep it alive before cut off date, and then revert it back to the plan I used to have when I return?  Hope someone can share what they had done before. many thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kaitlynszetu wrote:

thank you all for your replies.

Simply go to your account page and activate "lost/Stolen". - That will suspend your account for up to three full months. You may re-activate your account again at any time before three months.

kaitlynszetu

thank you all for your replies.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kaitlynszetu wrote:

z10user4

@Anonymous wrote:

@kaitlynszetu wrote:

thanks for the replies and the link.

My concern is my cycle cut off on every 22nd, but I will only leave Canada on 30th June. As a member mentioned, if I change the plan, I may not get the same plan back.  But If I don't pay by 22nd, I do enjoy free charge while suspension, however I would lose access to internet and phone calls.  So I'm thinking that I may still have to pay for the CAD40+ plan, until it expires on 22nd July, by then I don't pay and let is suspend until I return say 5th of Sept.  

Another question is when I return on Sept 5, can I immediately pay by using the vouchers I buy?  How long does the reactivation take usually?  Will the cut off date be changed to 5th of every month then?  

thanks again.

You've got it right.

The other concern is Available Funds. If you have enough to cover your plan cost then it would renew from there anyway.

Yes your term would start from a new day when returning from suspension. Yes you can put in vouchers. It *shouldn't* take long. Maybe restart the phone.

I have not used autopay at all but vouchers.  So I should leave my account zero balance during suspension, otherwise, the system would automatically deduct money from my acount with whatever the amount of vouchers left there?  

I was not the one that said anything about autopay. If you have sufficient balance in your Available Funds to cover your plan cost then yes it would use that to renew. If not then it would just go into suspension anyway and leave that balance there.

If you don't want it to renew with enough balance then you would need to use the lost/stolen feature to suspend it yourself before your renewal. Then it won't renew even with sufficient balance.

kaitlynszetu

z10user4

@Anonymous wrote:

@kaitlynszetu wrote:

My concern is my cycle cut off on every 22nd, but I will only leave Canada on 30th June. As a member mentioned, if I change the plan, I may not get the same plan back.  But If I don't pay by 22nd, I do enjoy free charge while suspension, however I would lose access to internet and phone calls.  So I'm thinking that I may still have to pay for the CAD40+ plan, until it expires on 22nd July, by then I don't pay and let is suspend until I return say 5th of Sept.  

Another question is when I return on Sept 5, can I immediately pay by using the vouchers I buy?  How long does the reactivation take usually?  Will the cut off date be changed to 5th of every month then?  

thanks again.

You've got it right.

The other concern is Available Funds. If you have enough to cover your plan cost then it would renew from there anyway.

Yes your term would start from a new day when returning from suspension. Yes you can put in vouchers. It *shouldn't* take long. Maybe restart the phone.

I have not used autopay at all but vouchers.  So I should leave my account zero balance during suspension, otherwise, the system would automatically deduct money from my acount with whatever the amount of vouchers left there?  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kaitlynszetu  the best option is to remove autopay this will suspend your account for up to 90 days.

once you get back then just top-up your account and you will renew your current plan.

if you do a plan change to the $10 plan than means when you return you will be only able to change to current inmarket plans.

this link might be a good read https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kaitlynszetu wrote:

thanks again.

You've got it right.

kaitlynszetu

thanks again.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kaitlynszetu to my knowledge there isn't technically a hold option for customers, however what some people do is not pay for the month and let the system put the account in suspension mode automatically.  While under suspension your number will still be yours, but your service won't work until you make the payment.  I don't believe there are any fees associated with this, however you'll have to make a payment I believe at least within 2 months after it being suspended to avoid the account from cancelling.  I know some other prepaid providers give you up to 3 months of suspension before it automatically cancels, but I'm not sure how much time PM gives before they cancel the account that is under suspension. 

You could also consider downgrading your plan to the $10 option, and just prepay up to 2 month ($20) before you leave, and then when you get back upgrade your plan to whatever nice plan they'll have.  When you get back it'll be back-to-school season so I'm sure there'll be some nice promo plans anyways.  This avoids any type of suspension at a very minimal cost.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you can change to $10 plan, then you dont need to reactive after you back. Alternatively, you can suspend your phone before you leave, then reactive after you back. For option 1, you can use your phone after landing to avoid any trouble.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

Keep in mind that when you decide to change plans, you can only change to a plan that is available at the time you want to change. If you currently have a really good plan, if the plan is not available at the time you want to switch, you cannot get that plan back, unless it is offered again, which is not guaranteed.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, You can suspend your account up to 90 days , keep your number.

Read these posts, https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Temporarly-Suspend-Service/m-p/155503?adv...

Need Help? Let's chat.