cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to transfer to another company with my current phone number.how can i unlock porting?

sijung81
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account expires on May 12th and I want to move to another company before that.
So I sent the account number (1000000xXXXXXX) that I see when I log in to the new company.
The new company says the porting lock is locked. How can I move it to another company?
How can I unlock it?

4 REPLIES 4

shabirshad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

for moving to other company you have to know your account number and optional IMEI number you use with your SIM. (last time which phone you use take that IMEI. ) 

and you must have 2 working days to transfer your number to other company.

its means your plan must be active STATUS .

its better when you plan finish you just move to other company 2 / 3 days before.

If your plan is INACTIVE your number will not ported to other company.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sijung81 

When you're in the process, we would be interested to know what, if any, communications Public Mobile sends you.

Someone was recently informed that porting out information might change at the end of April. But maybe with everything going on that has been delayed.

So please do come on back and let us know. If you might be so inclined. 🙂

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sijung81  To port out you need to supply the other provider the following:

Public Mobile account number

Name on the account

Public Mobile phone number

You need to make sure they above information is correct.

Unless you were sim jacked in the past Public does not lock ports.

If you still believe that you have a lock on porting out your number then submit a ticket to PM and ask them to remove it.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@sijung81, are you wanting to leave your current provider and join Public Moblic or the other way around?

Unfortunately, you are no longer able to port in the self-serve at this time, and you need to direct your message to a moderator member team.

Please message them directly.

Need Help? Let's chat.