cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve signed up and ported my number

Acrocco53
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there.  I signed up and ported my phone number from Rogers.  But I cannot receive any calls.  I can make but not receive.  

I called rogers and they said there is a port transfer pending. Is there anything I need to do ? 

7 REPLIES 7

@Acrocco53wrote:

I’ve done that.   Still no confirmation text. And still cannot receive calls.  But what is weird, I can make calls, send texts and use the data   And it works.  The only thing I cannot do is receive calls.  And I’ve called Rogers and they said it has to be done trough public mobile 

That's not weird at all. That's how number porting works.  Incoming communications go to your old provider's service until the phone number has been trasnfered.  Until then, all incoming calls and text(SMS)/picture (MMS) messages will continue to go there.

It is definitely true that Public Mobile should be taking care of all this for you.  However, Rogers can most definitely tell you if something went wrong if the request was rejected. I suspect that the person at Rogers just didn't want to look into it futher since you were leaving the Rogers service anyway.

A number port from Rogers Wireless to Public Mobile should really only take a few hours.  But it's not impossible for it to take long even if nothing has gone wrong during the process.  You'll want to double check to make sure you have the correct Rogers account number.  In the case that the porting doesn't come through in the next little while, you'll need that Rogers account number to ask Public Mobile to again try to transfer your phone number. 

@Acrocco53wrote:

I’ve done that.   Still no confirmation text. And still cannot receive calls.  But what is weird, I can make calls, send texts and use the data   And it works.  The only thing I cannot do is receive calls.  And I’ve called Rogers and they said it has to be done trough public mobile 

You will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info.

Acrocco53

Also reboot phone and make sure old SIM is not in use still

Acrocco53

It has been almost 5 hours 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Acrocco53 usually porting process that can up to a couple of hours. 

If it hasn't been that long then please give it some time. 

If it has been more than couple of hours then please send a pdicapr message to @CS_Agent explaining your issue and they will help you out .

Welcome to PM!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Acrocco53 Wait a few hours for porting to complete. You will get a text stating that port is successful. 

Need Help? Let's chat.