cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I ported my landline number successfully but it doesn't work.

gsingh1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Here's my explanation. 

I successfully ported my landline number over to PM (when I login to my account it shows the ported over number) however when I dial that number my landline phone still rings. 

I don't know why this happens. I restarted my cell phone, I took out my sim and entered it in and restarted my phone... still the same problem. 

5 REPLIES 5

@gsingh1 wrote:

Here's my explanation. 

I successfully ported my landline number over to PM (when I login to my account it shows the ported over number) however when I dial that number my landline phone still rings. 

I don't know why this happens. I restarted my cell phone, I took out my sim and entered it in and restarted my phone... still the same problem. 

Personally, I believe Public Mobile needs to stop saying "successful" on the self-serve and activation sites when someone is porting a number.  That message is not any indication of the success nor failure of a number portability request.  It only means that Public Mobile has accpeted your request.  I belive the website should just say that.

Since your old carrier's service still rings, your number has not been ported over.  As mentioend, landlines can take considerably longer than wireless to wireless carriers.  The offiicial information from CWTA is 2 business days, alhtough could still take either less or more time.

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am not sure how long sincs you activated and did the port process. For landline numbers  being ported to cell phones it can take up to 36 hours . The symptoms you are describing here are those of port not fully completed by Public Mobile from your old landline provider just yet. Hang in there . Since you see your old landline number on your new Public Mobile account , this is a good sign it is just a matter of waiting and it will work soon. 

@gsingh1 Porting a landline can take up to 10 days to complete. Keep your landline account active, it will be closed on it's own after it's been ported. Once the landline stops working then your cell phone should start working.

gsingh1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Metal1967 wrote:

@gsingh1 wrote:

Here's my explanation. 

@gsingh1 

Landlines take longer to complete than cellular numbers..my last one was about 48 hrs until complete..can take longer tho .when did you port?

I ported over 21 hours ago. I didn't know landlines take longer. Thanks for the information

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gsingh1 wrote:

Here's my explanation. 

@gsingh1 

Landlines take longer to complete than cellular numbers..my last one was about 48 hrs until complete..can take longer tho .when did you port?

Need Help? Let's chat.