cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to switch over

Heliophobous
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm a current Public Mobile customer. I recently lost my phone, and just bought a new phone & SIM card. I need to activate the SIM using Self Serve. However, I'm pretty sure I don't have a self serve account - my email isn't recognized when I go to replace my password. And, seeing as I don't have a phone to receive texts, I can't make a new account (can't receive 6 digit activation code.) What can I do?

6 REPLIES 6

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dna2016 wrote:

@Heliophobous that seems very odd, becuase you need a valid email address to even create an account.  Maybe you have multiple emails?  I don't ever hearing about customers being able to activate an account without an email address.  Maybe I'm wrong?  

@dna2016  In store activations activate the sim but require the person to create a selfserve account  via sms verification.

@Heliophobous provide as much details to the mods about your activation. Ie date, plan, where activated, sim #, last date of use etc,  basically anything that will help mods confirm you are the owner. 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Heliophobous that seems very odd, becuase you need a valid email address to even create an account.  Maybe you have multiple emails?  I don't ever hearing about customers being able to activate an account without an email address.  Maybe I'm wrong?  

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good point about the 90 days - when did you last pay? You must have used an email of some sort to sign up.

But as others have said you need to contact the moderators. I hope you have your PIN. They may have a hard time verifying you if all you have is a phone number. 

To resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 days/week but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

if its been more then 90 days then your account is closed in that case just open a new account

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Heliophobous wrote:

I'm a current Public Mobile customer. I recently lost my phone, and just bought a new phone & SIM card. I need to activate the SIM using Self Serve. However, I'm pretty sure I don't have a self serve account - my email isn't recognized when I go to replace my password. And, seeing as I don't have a phone to receive texts, I can't make a new account (can't receive 6 digit activation code.) What can I do?

If you activated your PM plan in-store, you need a working phone to create a self-serve account.  Send a private message to moderator for help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Heliophobous 

You will need to contact moderator via private  messaging.  Expect 1-2 day response time though.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.