cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to reset my password but every time I submit for a link by the time it gets to me it’s expire

Rhanelt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What do I do to reset my password? I submit for a password reset and by the time the link gets to me 2 hrs later it’s expired. 

7 REPLIES 7

@Danniegail  did you opened a ticket to reset the account?   did you get a response from the Mod on your Community inbox for the link?  If so, reply that message and they will send you another link to validate your identity.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Danniegail : Try the password reset again and keep a closer eye on your inbox. Maybe wait about an hour.

Danniegail
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was directed to public mobile as I was locked out of my account. They sent me a password reset but it expired  by the time I accessed it.could you please assist me in getting into my account

@Dogbert wrote:

@Rhanelt wrote:

What do I do to reset my password? I submit for a password reset and by the time the link gets to me 2 hrs later it’s expired. 

Try it in the middle of night where the servers see less traffic; this may help.

There is no way that traffic would delay getting an email so much that the email expires before receiving it.  The email is not being delivered by Canada Post, lol.  It is a bug in the system.  If you have tried and failed, just go the moderator team route.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rhanelt wrote:

Try it in the middle of night where the servers see less traffic; this may help.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rhanelt , getting the reset password email late has been a problem affecting accounts over the years.  If you cannot get it to work, then ask the moderator team to do it for you.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team.  Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions.  Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team. 

BTW, be prepared to wait 72+ hours for a response.  If access to the account is critical (payment, buying add-on, etc.), mention it in your ticket.  It might help the cause.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Request forgot password link again..or maybe request it a few times and hopefully one email will reach your account before the 2 hours expiry limit.

Unfortunately the forgot password system is slow at times. Remember to check your spam folder.

Hopefully you'll be able to reset your password without having to contact a moderator.

Remember don't attempt to try passwords to login. As after a few unsuccessful attempts system will lock you out for an hour.

Need Help? Let's chat.