cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to get an unlock code for my phone

clayton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Needing to unlock my phone from Public mobile.

Please get a mod to contact me at xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.com

Please ASAP

edited by computergeek541 to remove personal information

6 REPLIES 6

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@clayton wrote:

Needing to unlock my phone from Public mobile.

Please get a mod to contact me at xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.com

Please ASAP

edited by computergeek541 to remove personal information

It also sounds like that your phone was locked by the previous service provider.  In this case, you have 2 options:

- ask the previous provider to unlock your phone - if they are unwilling/cannot, cause your not a customer anymore & there's no way to establish you're the owner of that phone.....

- you can try an instore/online unlocking service (I've previously used various ebay resellers to unlock my phones ~$5 or less)

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@clayton If you are using iPhone, you can go to Apple store to reset your carrier. PM doesn't lock your phone but the setting of iPhone stuck with the first carrier only. 

If you really need to contact the Moderator, you need to send a private message to them. You can simply click on the Envelop icon and send to "Moderator_Team", they will reply within 2 days. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@clayton  Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

TheGx

So, first determine if your phone needs a PUK code(Phone unlock code) or if it's your sim card that's locked and you need a SIM PUK code(sim unlock code) - if it's a phone PUK you need you'll have to call the phone company that sold you the phone(if it was telus then call telus etc), if it's sim PUK you need then call whichever company the SIM card is with.

If it's a Public Mobile SIM card, contact the Public Mobile Moderator Team via Private Message, you can learn more on how to do that by clicking this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

TheGx

1. Because Public Mobile does not sell phones they won't have your phone unlock code.

2. Because Public Mobile sells sim cards they will have your Public Mobile sim PUK code, which is a sim unlock code, if that's what you need you'll have to PRIVATE MESSAGE the Moderator team - not post your email address.

3. To contact Moderator Team, click on the envelope button in top right corner, then address your private message to the Moderator Team.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@clayton Since Public Mobile doesn't sell phones.. chances are you need the unlock code from your PREVIOUS service provider, NOT public mobile. Mods won't be able to help you with this one.

Need Help? Let's chat.