cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to cancel my account but I forgot my username and lost my phone (Plus I have autopay)

AliB123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am looking to cancel my Public Mobile account because I have lost my phone. The problem is I have autopay and I cannot log onto Self-Serve because I do not remember my username or password. I tried to port my previous number onto a new Public Mobile account, however it won't let me port the number over.

All I want to do is cancel my old Public Mobile Account and start on a new one from scratch.

Can someone please advise me on what I can do?

3 REPLIES 3

FarmerJim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I believe your username is the email that you used when you signed up. If you have more than one email account, do a search in your email for 'messages from' Public Mobile or a search in 'subject containing' for Public Mobile Activation. If you find a message try that email address as your username.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@AliB123 wrote:

Hello,

I am looking to cancel my Public Mobile account because I have lost my phone. The problem is I have autopay and I cannot log onto Self-Serve because I do not remember my username or password. I tried to port my previous number onto a new Public Mobile account, however it won't let me port the number over.

All I want to do is cancel my old Public Mobile Account and start on a new one from scratch.

Yeah you can't port a PM number from one account into another.  So if you want to keep the number you currently have do not start a new account.  The username for your selfserve is an email address.  If you don't remember what email address you used you will need to contact the moderators and have them assist you.  Moderator response time is currently estimated at 48 hours. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

1. After you privately message the Moderator Team about a question that requires you to verify that you are the account owner, the support team will reply with a unique link to a secure online form.
    2. You will need to provide either your Public Mobile:
      1. Self-Serve username and password, or
      2. Phone number and 5 digit verification code that you’ll receive to the number provided
    3. If you are unable to verify using the options above, the Moderator Team will share an alternative option they have available for you.
    4. After you’ve provided the information, please reply to the existing private message thread you have with the Moderator Team, and they will provide you with full support.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AliB123 wrote:

Hello,

If trying the Forgot your password? link didn't work then the only way to reset your password is to send a private message to the moderators.

Once in, then you can use the lost/stolen feature that will stop renewals. Then buy a new SIM. Then log back in and use the Change SIM feature and go back to the lost/stolen feature and resume service.

After all of that then you can use the Change number feature to port your number over.

You don't need to cancel your service.

Need Help? Let's chat.