Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a PUK number to unlock my SIM

Roxy1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

18 REPLIES 18

@Lowufo wrote:

To turn on e-mail notifications for private messages, from the community home page, go to My Settings -> Preferences -> Private Messenger.
There will be a checkbox next to "Receive email notifications for new private messages" which you can toggle on or off. Remember to click "save" after changing the setting.

FYI: I discovered, to my chagrin, that for this functionality, the item "Don't send me any community emails" under Personal >> Email must be blank. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

If you can log into My Account...you'll find the acct number there. If not, you'll have to contact a moderator. Click on the ? in lower right side of screen to start process of contacting them.

PS...if you still have your "Welcome to Public Mobile" email...it should be there.

Akash1

Plz get me my account no.

@Roxy1 

Your phone should be asking for it.  Maybe reboot your phone again?  Or re-insert SIM card.

@CS_Agent   he's back! 

TvMann2018
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Roxy1

I have the PUK number. Where do I enter it?

@Roxy1 If you phone is asking fo the SIM Network Unlock PUK, that means that your phone is locked to a different carrier.  Moderators would not be able to help you if that it is the message that your phone is displaying.

If your phone is asking for the secuirty code of your sim card, that tyype of PUK is only prompted for if the PIN is entered mulitple times incorrectly.  Moderators can help you with this.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @computergeek541,

No, it`s not the case yet 🙂 Thanks for the intervention!

Have a great weekend,

Oana 🙂

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hey @Roxy1,

Happy to help! If you`d like to get help from the moderator team, then please enable your private messages, otherwise we won`t be able to contact you.

Have a great weekend,

Oana 🙂

I'm almost certain that the moderators can manually change that. Is that no longer the case? 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Roxy1,

Please go to your Profile Settings on the community>Preferences>Private messages> Turn on private messages (tick the box).

If you have any other questions, please let me know, I`ll be glad to help.

Have a great day,

Oana 🙂

@Roxy1 

Press on your avatar on the right upper corner and pick up My settings option. Then Preferences

Pasted Graphic.png

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To turn on e-mail notifications for private messages, from the community home page, go to My Settings -> Preferences -> Private Messenger.
There will be a checkbox next to "Receive email notifications for new private messages" which you can toggle on or off. Remember to click "save" after changing the setting.

Roxy1

where and how do I enable my private messages

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Roxy1,

Happy to help! If you`d like to get help from the moderator team, then please enable your private messages, otherwise we won`t be able to contact you.

Have a great weekend,

Oana 🙂

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

What brand and model of phone do you have ?

A Personal Unlocking Key, or PUK code, allows you to reset your SIM card’s PIN number, after you’ve entered an incorrect PIN three times. To get your PUK code, please start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon, to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team by clicking here.

@Roxy1 

What is the exact message that your phone is showing?  

Sometimes that makes a difference on who can help you. Some more details about your situation may be helpful. 

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Click on the question mark on the lower right corner and go through the steps to initiate a ticket.  Mention you need a puk code. 

Need Help? Let's chat.