cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I messages error

shanmorris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I used to be able to send messages by imessages no problem when I had a virgin mobile sim card. Now with public mobile I am having problems. For  imessages it is saying that there was an error and not able to connect for imessages.

11 REPLIES 11

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@shanmorrisBack up your phone.

Go under Settings -> Click on your AppleID and Sign out.

Go under Settings -> Messages -> Turn off iMessages

Go under Settings -> General -> Reset.. Reset Network Settings.. do note you will loose previously saved wifi passwords and bluetooth connection doing that.

Once that has been reset, make sure you have a wifi connection and login your AppleID. Start a browser to make sure you have internet access, then restart your iMessages.

Try sending a message.

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@shanmorris wrote:

Hello,

I used to be able to send messages by imessages no problem when I had a virgin mobile sim card. Now with public mobile I am having problems. For  imessages it is saying that there was an error and not able to connect for imessages.

Did you port your number over to Public Mobile or did you use a new number?

If you used a new number, you have to reconfigure your imessage as I know it as it sometimes reverts to your email or something like that

Have you only recently ported from another cell network. Is your phone working on PM network now ? If you just ported today, maybe the port process hasn't yet completed.

Another thread on here the person said they took out sim card. Shut down phone..restarted and it worked for them might want to try that.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@shanmorris hi are you using the same number as you had at virgin? if not I know that your apple id settings have to be updated with your new phone number it screwed things up for me 

shanmorris

I phone 8

Does data work at all on your phone? Like if you try to google something?

Check APN settings on your phone they should be this.

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Cycle iMessage off and on again. Then reboot phone. Which iPhone you using ?

shanmorris

Already did that and no luck.

shanmorris

Already did that.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@shanmorris  check your settings for iMessage,, turn them off and back on and then restart your phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.