cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just changed my plan from 20.00 unlimitedcall to the $15 Plan. How do I go back?

Anette1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

11 REPLIES 11

@darlicious wrote:

@Anette1 

Just out of curiosity did you change your plan "now" or schedule it to change on your next renewal? Did your renewal just occur? If your renewal hasnt occured yet you can cancel the plan change. Otherwise  do as suggested and add the $5/500 min add on to the $15 plan and you should be fine.

In this case, the plan appears to have already changed at the  time of the last renewal. The OP posted elsewhere that the service was suspended after the change happened and it would also appear that adding $5 more to the account got it working again.

@Anette1 

Just out of curiosity did you change your plan "now" or schedule it to change on your next renewal? Did your renewal just occur? If your renewal hasnt occured yet you can cancel the plan change. Otherwise  do as suggested and add the $5/500 min add on to the $15 plan and you should be fine.

@Nezgar wrote:

Though I'm not sure what your previous plan had for data.

The $20 plan didn't include any data.

@benfatto wrote:

@LurganIeUk No, that does not mean callers use two numbers to reach her. They continue calling her PM number.
They need to add her Fongo number into their contacts to recognize an incoming call is from her. 

Duh. I forgot incoming are free on PM. But can you set your PM number on Fongo for caller ID? I can on VoIp.ms 

They don't even need to know her fongo number, if call is missed it goes to fongo

When she transfers the call they will not know as the transfer will show the number of the line being transferred, not the fongo number

@benfatto they don't need to add her fongo number as that call will show her cell number calling them

Unless she uses fongo to call directly nobody will know really.

If you set it to pass to voicemail after 1 or 2 rings it well not be very effective alternative number at all, so when living the country is best to increase that number to 5-6

@LurganIeUk nobody knows ny fongo number used for my voicemail/callback

I use it only for transfers, I have secund chance to answer my call before vm picks up, nobody knows that's fongo that I'm using, they called my cell. Same when I used to go to usa and would put my phone to airplane mode, but enable WiFi, and increase rings to 6. I could answer my calls to my cell as all my unavailable calls go to fongo that I can use on WiFi abroad

@Anette1 

Just a guess but the $20 plan likely had NO data and voice may well have been province wide only. The $15 plan has Canada wide voice calling but as mentioned comes with unlimited incoming but only 100 minutes of outgoing as well as 250 Mb of data. $5 buys another 500 minutes of outgoing taking you back to $20 but if you dont use the full 600 minutes of out going in 30 days up to 500 of it will continue to roll over until used at which point you need another $5 - 500 minute add on. So you may average less than $20 / 30 days, you will have toll free calling across Canada AND you will have 250 Mb of data to use. This could work out well.

Any time you leave a plan that is no longer offered you can not get back to it. They left you grandfathered on it until you change to another plan. So, always worth checking before Changing plans.

AE_Collector

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LurganIeUk No, that does not mean callers use two numbers to reach her. They continue calling her PM number.
They need to add her Fongo number into their contacts to recognize an incoming call is from her. 

So...Fongo.  Does that mean her callers have to call 1 of 2 numbers to contact her? If yes, that is NOT a solution. 

But if was paying $20 then buy the $5 500 minute add-on. Actually buy 2 and when one is used buy another. Hopefully her outbound calls don’t exceed 600 minutes. Keep in mind the unused balance roll over month to month.  

Not sure what data the $20 plan had but on the $15 plan will receive 250mb when using auto-pay. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Anette1 

It's ok to stay on 15 plan couple of tricks can turn it into unlimited.

You will need a smartphone though

Open account with fongo, it's free and it will give you unlimited free calls to Canada

How to use use your cellphone incoming unlimited minutes for dialing out

Call your cellphone using your fongo, it is free as it's your incoming call

After you answer click on transfer call and chose desired destination

The destination number will see your cell phone number calling them.

Once they answer Fongo disconnects from the conversations and voila you can talk as long as you want.

You have 250 megs of data and this call (if you are not using your WiFi)  will use only 0.07 mega of your data.

How to get better voicemail and not use your minutes for retrieving messages

Go to your call settings and set your fongo number instead of voicemail for your missed/unavailable/ignored calls.

Set your fongo to pass to vm aftert 1 ring.

Set your fongo to forward a copy of your voicemail to your email

This way you have 3 ways of retrieving you voicemail without using your minutes, can click on it in app, can dial 1 in fongo app, can retrieve it in your email. As a bonus you can receive more and keep copies longer if needed.

When you travel outside Canadian you can increase number of rings take out your sim and all your calls will come to your fongo number that you can use with local data or wifi

And you are saving$5 every 30 days

It's really a great plan

With the current $15 plan you still receive unlimited incoming calls, and with a $5 add-on, you get an additional non-expiring 500 canada-wide minutes of outgoing calls, which may actually be better value for you over time compared to the $20 plan you had.

Though I'm not sure what your previous plan had for data.

@Anette1 Sorry, but you cannot go back to the $20 unlimited calling plan as it is no longer offered. To get unlimited calling again, you'll need to swtich to the $25 plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.