cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been hacked

TWD4E
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I get my account password rest because my account has been hacked! I am very pissed because I can’t access my account due to a very mentally disturbed individual who feels he owns me and he has screwed with my account and has changed the answers to my security questions! What the hell can I do?

8 REPLIES 8

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you feel your PM account was compromised or was it your emal account compromised?

If it's your email; you have alot more work with accounts associated with your email address.

Here are the steps that I suggest:

- call your credit card issuer to report your card as stolen, it'll prevent futher charges that you'll have to dispute later

- start a new email account and start moving services over

- after switching to the new email account; start changing passwords etc. with all your online accounts

I myself recommend a minimum of 2 email accounts for all individuals (one of general purpose) & one for all financially related activities.

@smp99 wrote:

Yes - I was later thinking along the same lines as @will13am .  -  Worst case he could change your username, phone number, address, SIM card. I was not aware that birthday and PIN were fixed (and obviously acct#). Good info.

Birthday is actually not a mandatory field, unlike PIN code.  It is one of those items that do not show up in the self serve just like PIN code.  I suggest people fill the birthday field when activating.  If they don't want to use the real birthday, make one up and write it down.  It provides added security for account recovery. 

@smp99 wrote:

Another possibility, assuming you know your Acct#, is to port out and then back into a new PM account. It will cost a bit of money for SIMs etc, and you would lose any refferal bonuses.

Try the mods first, if they can't help, this might be a last effort. 

@smp99  The fact that the OP just registered his account and the compexity of the situation suggestes maybe it's best to do as @mimmo  suggested and let them contact PM,  verify their account and let the moderators deal with it.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes - I was later thinking along the same lines as @will13am .  -  Worst case he could change your username, phone number, address, SIM card. I was not aware that birthday and PIN were fixed (and obviously acct#). Good info.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@TWD4E, this is pretty serious.  Did this individual also do a SIM card swap?  If you allegations are true and you know who it is, you might want to consider talking to the authorities about what they can do for you.  These days, taking over someone's cell account is pretty serious stuff.  That said, on the Public Mobile end, the two secure items that customers don't have access to changing or even seeing after initial activation is the birthday and account PIN.  These two items will allow you to recover your account with help from the moderator team as already suggested. 

smp99

Another possibility, assuming you know your Acct#, is to port out and then back into a new PM account. It will cost a bit of money for SIMs etc, and you would lose any refferal bonuses.

Try the mods first, if they can't help, this might be a last effort. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TWD4E  I would send a private message to moderator_team  asking them to reset yoru password.

they will probably ask you to complete a verification process (send sms cell) or you could give the pin number (that you created when setting up the account, if you remmber it)

smp99

Wow!

The only thing you can do is contact the Moderators. Maybe they will have access to your old questions and passwords so you can verify.

To resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 days/week but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

Need Help? Let's chat.