cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a ten minutes left but only used 53 minutes

CellphoneuserPM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I recieved a 10 minutes usage warning but I have only made 53 minutes out of my 100 minutes.

How can this be corrected?

10 REPLIES 10

@Bear2 

$5 for peace of mind is a bargain let alone 500 min. at $0.01 per minute. If you were able to benefit from the "more the merrier" campaign's gift of 500 international long distance minutes then those would be used if the $5/500 min add on is not purchased. If you know that you can use the international minutes for their intended purpose then its financially prudent leave them as is and purchase the much more economical $5/500 min add on ($0.01 vs $0.03 p/m.)

@Bear2 wrote:

I haven't ever gone over on minutes but might add that just in-case. If you do happen to go over on minutes and do extra minutes are they available right away? 

Your minutes usage will seamlessly flow into the add-on minutes, and not interrupt your call. Any remaining add-on minutes will remain available every renewal until they are all used.

Bear2

@CellphoneuserPM such great advice. I haven't ever gone over on minutes but might add that just incase. If you do happen to go over on minutes and do extra minutes are they available right away? 

CellphoneuserPM

My mistake. The date I started calculating was incorrect. thx

@CellphoneuserPM 

So you've added every single outgoing call, and rounded UP to the next minute in every case?

If so, and you only count 53 minutes, and you're only showing 10 left under the Data and Add-Ons section, contact the moderators to describe your findings.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@CellphoneuserPM wrote:

When I go to the field "acount status" then "view my usage" and add up the minutes taking into account rounded to the nearst minute I get 53 minutes for my outgoing calls.

Just ignore the message and go with the counter in self service. There are multiple bugs in the PM software causing erroneous messages.

CellphoneuserPM

When I go to the field "acount status" then "view my usage" and add up the minutes taking into account rounded to the nearst minute I get 53 minutes for my outgoing calls.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@CellphoneuserPM wrote:

I recieved a 10 minutes usage warning but I have only made 53 minutes out of my 100 minutes.

Hi @CellphoneuserPM 

Does your minutes DISPLAY under self-serve as 53  / 100 MIN?

Or is it possible you added the total talk time and it equates to about 53 minutes.  The thing about that calculation method is it may include partial minutes which round up to the next full minute as Public Mobile bills by the minute.   So it's important to count the number of calls and within each call detail, you need to round up to the next minute.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@CellphoneuserPM wrote:

@CellphoneuserPM   Have you retrieved voicemail messages as those count against your available as well as all minutes are rounded up to the nearest minute.  Quite easy to use up those mins.  Purchase the $5/500 mins add-on to supplement your account for extra mins as a bit of insurance.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@CellphoneuserPM wrote:

@CellphoneuserPM Go into your self serve, how many minutes are left? That is the counter that counts.

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 5.34.50 PM 2.png

Need Help? Let's chat.