cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a balance remaining but cannot reactivate my account - who can help?

nibbles123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

17 REPLIES 17

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you suspend your service under the Lost/Stolen phone tab? Make sure you reactivate your plan under the same tab.

@nibbles123 

• turn iMessage OFF, then ON in 5 minutes: this resets Apple servers
  • confirm message settings: Settings >> Messages >> iMessages ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & Receive: should show your PM phone number and Apple id email
  • if you try to message a mixture of Apple and non-iPhones users there will be problems if any of the Apple users only use their Apple id without a phone number (found out the hard way! 😎)
  • leave cellular data ON
  • convert every message you send to MMS by including a subject line: seems PM doesn't include MMS in the SMS count

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Reboot iPhone 

@nibbles123 

If using iMessage, either turn on data since iMessage uses some data.  Or completely turn off iMessage and just use SMS texts.  

@nibbles123 Imessage will use your data either turn off data or diasble Imessage when away from wifi. 

@nibbles123 

@nibbles123 wrote:

iphone

@nibbles123 when sending a text to a non Iphone or one that is not on wifi or data you have to press on the blue message until it says send as a text

@nibbles123  A nework reset and enable sms and mms to send and receive texts from Android phones. Stay safe.

Reset your Network Settings.

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.Nov

nibbles123

iphone

@nibbles123 try force closing your text app and restaring your phone. If this fails do a network reset, and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically.  Stay safe. 

@nibbles123 wrote:

you guys have been great! i've got the phone calls working (both incoming/outgoing), but last issue is that i can only receive text messages, they are not sending at all - any ideas? thanks again 🙂

@nibbles123 what type of phone is it?

nibbles123

you guys have been great! i've got the phone calls working (both incoming/outgoing), but last issue is that i can only receive text messages, they are not sending at all - any ideas? thanks again 🙂

@nibbles123 you have Canada wide calling., dial a 1 in front of the number. Add a 1 for all your address book calls.Stay safe. Lamdlines may have trubke calling you if your number isn't local to your area.

FYI Its the second set of numbers that determine whether your number is local or not. Ie xxx yyy xxxx. Please check the CNAC website to check if your number is local or not http://www.cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_status.htm . Personally, I would leave it and dial 1 + 10 digit number and save it in my contacts. If it bothers you, you can change your number to the desired local area code once each 30 day cycle through your self service account.

@nibbles123 

You may want try network reset.  Toggle airplane mode on, then off.

If that does not work, try the lost/stolen phone trick again.  Report lost and then report found after a few minutes.  

nibbles123

thanks so much! the missing step was in the lost/stolen phone menu. I've now successfully reactivated, but a new issue. i've chosen the $15 plan with 100 minutes canada wide calling. i can receive calls, but it won't let me make a local call - the message is that i 'don't have a long distance addon' .. i've rebooted phone multiple times .. any suggestions?

@nibbles123 if you put the phone on lost/ stolen ypu jave to take ot off first.20200504_182846.jpg

Once done, you may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies then reboot.  If you see a reactivate button then try clicking on it.

Try making a manual payment of a $1. Try rebooting your phone.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

nibbles123

i deactivated the account less than 90 days ago due to a lost phone, today i changed to a new sim card and still have a $35 balance in the account. trying to reactivate a $25 account, and have until Aug 6th to make the payment. i even tried to add $10 via credit card, but the screen doesn't allow me to submit. any ideas?

Need Help? Let's chat.