cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got message saying unable to port my existing number, and ask me to fill a form which I can't find

fredalin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a sim card and activate it, also requested to transfer my existing fongo number. I got an message saying unable to port and need to refill the request form (probably due to I accidentally put Fido as reseller vs Fongo). but I'm not  able to find the form. Can someone help to resolve this?

6 REPLIES 6

Sanityisunrated
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey! Is it possible that the number you're trying to port over isn't a currently active number?

You can't port a number if it is disconnected or suspended!

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Log into your online account and start the "change my Number " process. Once you log into your account , you will see this "change my number" on the right hand side of the home page when you first log into your account. Once you do this , make sure that you then click in port in my number . Do not click on get a new number from Public Mobile. 

Cheers.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@fredalin 

You might have an incomplete port.  Likely need to contact moderator for help, send a private message Please include your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

@fredalin wrote:

I bought a sim card and activate it, also requested to transfer my existing fongo number. I got an message saying unable to port and need to refill the request form (probably due to I accidentally put Fido as reseller vs Fongo). but I'm not  able to find the form. Can someone help to resolve this?

There is no form.  That text message that Public Mobile sends out to customers to advise of a failed number port contains incorrect instructions.  You'll need to contact the moderators with the corrected Fongo account information using the instructions that Alex gave earlier.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Did you already open a self serve account @fredalin ? If yes you can go in it and in the tab PLAN/ADD-ONS you can see a tab CHANGE YOUR NUMBER and you can do it by yourself.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
You will need to contact a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.