cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't remember my PIN that the automation asks for.

Barryere
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When asking to review my add ons the automated voice asks for a PIN. I don't even remember making a PIN for my account let alone remembering what it is.

Is there a way to check data usage through *611? As I was looking for a way to check it without looking at the PM website.

5 REPLIES 5

tod

@Barryere wrote:

@tod

Where would I find the moderators?

@Barryere refer to the support post: 
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-our-Support-structure/m-p/16...

@You basically need to sent a private message to @CS_Agent (refer to "How do I contact support? How will I know who a Moderator is?" In the first post)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Barryere wrote:

You don't find them 🙂 you send a private message to them.

As an aside, it was mentioned in this thread that the 611 can't check data usage. It can report add-on remaining values. But not plan.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

Barryere

@tod

tod

@Barryere as @Dunkman mentioned the pin is set during the PM sim activation, I recall the last account I setup just over a month ago allowed me to set this pin but before it used to be automatically generated for you if I recall correctly. Regardless, you should have received sms with the pin. The account pin is different from the voicemail pin and you cannot reset it yourself. In case you no longer have the account pin, unfortunately the only way to get it reset is to contact the moderators and provide them with your account information (along with desired new pin I suppose) and they can reset it for you.

As for alternate ways to check data usage, you can either trust the aproximate usage from your phone/device operating system or use another application, as pm data witness for android. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Barryere

When you signed up for account, you should have gotten a text from 611 with your PIN number upon activation.  

I don't think that you can check data usage via 611.  Only on self service account.

Need Help? Let's chat.