cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant mat or receive calls or texts

NathanFoster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switch to Public Mobile 6 hours ago and I still can not send or receive calls and texts?  How can I get my phone to work?

11 REPLIES 11

RebeccaT

It took me almost 2 days for my number to port over, up until then I was given a different number. Sometimes it takes an hour for a number to port but I've been finding that it can take much longer, you may just have to wait. If you have an apple phone go into your phone settings and see what your number is, because if it is your original number it might just be a problem with setting up your account which is also what happened to me. If you have any other phone try and see if there's a setting that will tell you that. 

Hope that helps.

@NathanFoster 

You can also try this
- Restart your phone.
- Dial *611 from your phone. What does the message tell you?

Btw when you reply to a previous post, click on the "Quote" button so that others will know who you are replying to.

Take one step at a time. The community is here to help you.

@NathanFoster 

b) What message appears on the phone when you reboot with the SIM installed?

c) What is make/model of your phone?

d) Try the SIM in a different unlocked phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@NathanFoster wrote:

Yes but I dont see much in there.  I was looking to try the lost my phone trick but I cant find it.

I am not very computer savy

Did you try the other suggestions and they didn't work?

For the lost/stolen trick, login your account, select plans/add-ons, select phone lost, suspend service, log out and wait 5 mins.  Log back in and report phone found and resume service and reboot your phone.

NathanFoster

Yes but I dont see much in there.  I was looking to try the lost my phone trick but I cant find it.

I am not very computer savy

@NathanFoster wrote:

No nothing works.

where do I check to see if its saids active

Scroll up to the top of this screen and select 'My Account' and after logging in, it will show on the overview page if the account is active.

@NathanFoster  did you register for a self serve account with your email and  a password

NathanFoster

No nothing works.

where do I check to see if its saids active

GR
Mayor / Maire

@NathanFoster   can you log in to your self serve account to see if it says active?  And you can restart your phone.  Does the data work on your phone? 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

a) Login to your account and confirm the Status is active and the plan correct. 

b) What message appears on the phone when you reboot with the SIM installed?

c) What is make/model of your phone?

d) Try the SIM in a different unlocked phone.

Outbound calling & texting, as well as data, should work immediately upon activation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@NathanFoster wrote:

I switch to Public Mobile 6 hours ago and I still can not send or receive calls and texts?  How can I get my phone to work?

Sounds like porting hasn't completed.  Try rebooting your phone.

Another thing to try is to power off your phone, remove SIM, wait 5 mins, re-insert SIM and restart your phone.

If you're still having problems in another hour, then best to submit a ticket via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/  or click on the ? mark bottom right of the screen.

Need Help? Let's chat.