cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't receive calls from the United States.

mehrnaz_samii
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I've switched from Rogers to public mobile and after that I can't receive calls from the United States and other countries.

Could you help me please?

4 REPLIES 4

mehrnaz_samii
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched from Rogers about 1 month ago and I can receive local call.

Actually ym issue is about receiving call from outside Canada only.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mehrnaz_samii wrote:

Hi,

I've switched from Rogers to public mobile and after that I can't receive calls from the United States and other countries.

Also had some frustrations whenI  first started with PM. What fixed my problems was that I completely wiped and then re-set my phone and since then everything works problem free. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@mehrnaz_samii wrote:

Hi,

If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. (or even better you should also be able to stick your old sim card in and still works, keep using it until it stops working, then your new public mobile sim should have incoming calls working). It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.

If the issue continues (more than 24 hours for cell phone or 48 hours voip/land line) you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 8am-12am (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 8AM-10PM (EDT) and its usually within 48 hours, lately much faster.

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mehrnaz_samii wrote:

Hi,

@mehrnaz_samii  Did you just signup and ported you number from Rogers? If yes, a port takes some time to complete. So you will be able to make calls but not receive calls on that number until the port is complete 100%.

Need Help? Let's chat.