cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't make phone calls - asking for long distance addon

simplyshan65
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just renewed my monthly plan that includes unlimited canada wide calling, and anytime I go to make a phone call, I get an automated message saying "Sorry, we could not complete your call.  You do not have an active long distance addon. Get an addon by dialing *611"

5 REPLIES 5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If this issue coincides with a renewal, it could be some sort of account provisioning problem.  The moderators should be able to take care of it.  I doubt that the user can do much.  If the phone is connecting to the network and other functions like text and data work, it rules out a lot of things like phone, local network connection issues.  

@simplyshan65 wrote:

yep, i've tried that.  My phone has been working fine for almost a year now, and this month it just stopped.  I have sent a message to the moderators asking for help, but I just wanted to see if there was anything I could try while I was waiting.  I have also tried suspending and resuming service through lost/stolen device, which didn't fix it.

Dialing the 1 should not matter. Dialing 1 only gets rid of warning that there could be long distance charges.  Only other thing is the trick of making a payment.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@simplyshan65 wrote:

I have just renewed my monthly plan that includes unlimited canada wide calling, and anytime I go to make a phone call, I get an automated message saying "Sorry, we could not complete your call.  You do not have an active long distance addon. Get an addon by dialing *611"

Whilst waiting for moderator to respond...try removing and reseating sim card. If you have a dual sim slot, try installing the sim in the second slot.

I have no evidence that this is the problem, just something to try for now.

Good luck

simplyshan65
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yep, i've tried that.  My phone has been working fine for almost a year now, and this month it just stopped.  I have sent a message to the moderators asking for help, but I just wanted to see if there was anything I could try while I was waiting.  I have also tried suspending and resuming service through lost/stolen device, which didn't fix it.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried add 1 before the number you are dailing ?

If you still have problems, you will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they can look into your problem!
Here is the link: click here

Need Help? Let's chat.