cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't just call my phone.

Hyesoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I moved from Paido to public mobile with my children yesterday. Children's phones work fine, but I can't just call my phone. I can't call even though I've told you to chat at dawn. In the Question Corner, I can't answer the phone even though I have followed the method of answering the question. I certainly have a mobile phone with an application model guided by public mobile. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. What should I do?
10 REPLIES 10

@Hyesoo wrote:
I displayed my cellphone. I can text out. It is my cellular number.

Sounds like you had a shared account at Fido and you were the primary account holder. Sometimes the old provider does not release the number right away until they get a chance to try and win you back. In the past some customers have reported that Fido has taken more that 24hours to release a port, so be patient it will happen.

The way porting works is that once you send the request to Public they setup the number within their network. That is why you can call out and send texts and see your Fido number.

Then Public submits the port request to Fido and wait for Fido to release the number. Until Fido releases the number you will not be able to receive calls. As others have mentioned best to continue to use your Fido sim until it stops working. Once that happens it means that Fido released the number and your Fido account automatically closes.

Hyesoo
I sent a message to the moderators. I use the number I used in Fido.

@Hyesoo wrote:
Old sim card? Are you talking about Fido sim cards?

@Hyesoo wrote:
My phone is not receiving calls. I moved Fido.

@Hyesoo  Correct, if incomming not ok, outgoing ok, porting not done / stuck. Put Fido card back in. Please read my first post.

@RobertQc wrote:

@Hyesoo If I understand you correctly, your phone is not receiving calls? Can your phone call out? If so the number porting process (From Paido? Not sure what this is.. VOIP??) may still be in the works. If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. (or even better you should also be able to stick your old sim card in and still works, keep using it until it stops working, then your new public mobile sim should have incoming calls working). It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.

If the issue continues (more than 24 hours for cell phone or 48 hours voip/land line) you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Hyesoo
Old sim card? Are you talking about Fido sim cards?

@HyesooHow long ago did you started to port the number to Public Mobile? Usually it should be a few hours.. however it is a day.. then you should contact the moderators as perhaps the information you had submitted for the port might be in correct.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Put Stuck Port Fido # and your Public Mobile in the title so the moderators know what you writing about.

Hyesoo
My phone is not receiving calls. I moved Fido.

@Hyesoo wrote:

@Hyesoo  Outgoing ok? Incomming not working? Try putting in old sim card and let me know.

Hyesoo

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@HyesooDo you have Public Mobile service displayed on your phone? If so, can you text (just SMS) out?

Are you porting a number from another provider? Is it a cellular number?

People here are just normal Public Mobile users and have no access to your account, so it would be very helpful if you can provide more information so we can point you to the right place.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Hyesoo wrote:
I moved from Paido to public mobile with my children yesterday. Children's phones work fine, but I can't just call my phone. I can't call even though I've told you to chat at dawn. In the Question Corner, I can't answer the phone even though I have followed the method of answering the question. I certainly have a mobile phone with an application model guided by public mobile. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. What should I do?

@Hyesoo If I understand you correctly, your phone is not receiving calls? Can your phone call out? If so the number porting process (From Paido? Not sure what this is.. VOIP??) may still be in the works. If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. (or even better you should also be able to stick your old sim card in and still works, keep using it until it stops working, then your new public mobile sim should have incoming calls working). It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.

If the issue continues (more than 24 hours for cell phone or 48 hours voip/land line) you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.