cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I added funds to my account but i wanted to change my plan n cancle the plan I'm on

KurtSr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

8 REPLIES 8

rrajnish
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please wait for the next renewal cycle to change the plan. Unfortunately, refund of payment is not allowed since it is a prepaid plan

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@KurtSr As was mentioned, you can change plan on your self-service account. I would personally select "Renew on next cycle" instead of right now to save some money. If it is urgent, you can update right away, but you need to pay the plan cost when you switch then.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@KurtSr 

PM is prepaid provider.  There is no refund for unused days of your current cycle if you change your plan immediately.  Always schedule your plan change on your next renewal date. 

After scheduled your plan change, you are price protected for your new plan even PM changed the price or no longer offer your plan on your renewal date.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is recommended to change on next renewal date.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@KurtSr here is an article on switching plans https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Just be aware that switching plans immediately loses you any money paid on the old plan and charges you immediately for the new one. Here's how to do it

20200416_143943.jpg

Stay safe 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@KurtSr if you added funds, now you need to go back to your self serve and click plans and add-ons, select the new plan you want and click "change now"

change plan-01.jpeg

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Two options.

1- change now. You're charged right away, no refund on unused days from old plan, new plan starts. If no balance to cover new plan it will say top up now.

2- change at next renewal. The preferred choice for many. At next payment due date you're charged for new plan and it will start then.

Screenshot_20200130_023658.jpg

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

In self service you can pick the new  plan and choose change plan now, but you will not get any credit for your current plan. You can always choose change on next renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.