cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account email update?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

How can email be updated on account page?

I have asked Simon and will cut and paste it's response--- HOWEVER there is no such option that I can see.

SIMON'S SOLUTION:

You can easily change the email address associated with your account by clicking the "My Profile" button and then click on "Change Username".

75 REPLIES 75

BEER

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

I give up !  ——— I only posted my findings in order to help others  —- Since there seems to be strong disagreement with my tested results in being able to update my email, password and even changing the cell number — I don’t understand why all the doubts?  Instead of running interference one can easily verify my findings by simply following my instructions and only then will be qualified to question my results. 

I have followed along with interest everything here. I can do all that too. It works. For. The. Login.

Have you tried using the Forgot your password? link? Not changing password when logged in. Forgot your password before logging in. See where the email goes to.

When I tried it, it went to the originally activated email address inbox...not the newly changed email address inbox.

You are correct - I did what you ask and never received the update password email because I no longer have it.    But really this is nuts --- since I no longer have the original email and if I had actually forgotten my password I would then never be able to access my account.

******I have asked SIMON again and am cut and pasting the response below - you will note that it states that you can change the email associated with the account and also provides a link to do this - to me this is confusing ---

Change Self-Serve Email

You can easily change the email address associated with your account by clicking the "My Profile" button and then click on "Change Username".

Change Email

*Please keep in mind that your Community and Self-Serve email address must be the same, so if you earn a Community Reward, you can get it applied to your account.

Was this helpful?

BEER

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

Again that doesn’t make sense because if one updates their contact email because for whatever reason they deleted their original email they will never be able to re-set their password and access their account page. 

Did you try it? Did you do that change email and then try the forgot your password link?

You are correct - I did what you ask and never received the update password email because I no longer have it.    But really this is nuts --- since I no longer have the original email and if I had actually forgotten my password I would then never be able to access my account.

*Just in case one wonders as to why I no longer have the original email it is because for security reasons  I always use alias emails for everything but my financial accounts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

I give up !  ——— I only posted my findings in order to help others  —- Since there seems to be strong disagreement with my tested results in being able to update my email, password and even changing the cell number — I don’t understand why all the doubts?  Instead of running interference one can easily verify my findings by simply following my instructions and only then will be qualified to question my results. 

I have followed along with interest everything here. I can do all that too. It works. For. The. Login.

Have you tried using the Forgot your password? link? Not changing password when logged in. Forgot your password before logging in. See where the email goes to.

When I tried it, it went to the originally activated email address inbox...not the newly changed email address inbox.

BEER

But if one doesn’t have their original email how on earth would they get a response?

BEER

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

Again that doesn’t make sense because if one updates their contact email because for whatever reason they deleted their original email they will never be able to re-set their password and access their account page. 

Did you try it? Did you do that change email and then try the forgot your password link?

BEER

@BEER thats a really cool idea! I have an old samsung S7 maybe Ill use it for that lol. 

BEER

That’s scary if you no longer have the original email. Doesn’t update mean just that?

BEER

Just to make it clear “Tsawwassen” is my other PM account. As to why some may ask I keep a send PM account active?

— Because
(1) it’s a grandfathered $10 plan that after discounts only costs $6/month.
(2) It’s installed in my old 5c iPhone.

(3) We sometimes leave it in the car and use the GPS find my friends feature to locate the car — when Ha ha sometimes we forget where exactly we parked it.

(4)This is also a security feature when our daughter borrows one of our cars and is late driving home.  

@BEER 

This does not change your email. @JoyLuck and I had this figured out about a month ago. There is a thread somewhere that we directed a person to this then tried it ourselves and it failed. 

I have let PM know, but we will have tonsee how long it takes before they remove this option that claims to work but does not. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tsawwassen wrote:

“Tsawwassen” is the account “Beer” experimented with the updating email login account and then also successfully revising the password and changing the cell number. It works without any problems

Try the Forgot your password? link. See which email address it goes to. When I tested it, it went to the original address.

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

“Tsawwassen” is the account “Beer” experimented with the updating email login account and then also successfully revising the password and changing the cell number. It works without any problems

BEER

Sorry but you may be mistaken - the username must always be a valid email address —--  I did log in with the new email and just to check and make sure——It not only allowed me to update my password but also to change my cell number.  
——Update log in email  is the Email associated with ones account —- what would be the point of PM keeping a no longer valid email as the account contact???

BEER

Yes of course it’s required that you login with your old username before it allows the update. 

BEER

But it works fine — I can log on to my account make changes and payments etc. 

@BEER Be careful. That may still be the "old" change username facility that provided a new login username BUT DID NOT change the official account username. This, of course, can cause much confusion if mods request your username! 🤔

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

This option used to be available in the self serve.  It does look like it is going back into the self serve.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

This method only changes the login email address. It does NOT change the internal email that the account uses. Try a password change. It will go to the internal account email address...not the login email you just changed.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile has been working on ways to improve/enhance the self serve account. 

This must be one of there new changes that they're working on. Although it does not appear in the self serve account as of yet. It seems the below link does work.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/my-profile/change-username/

Note: not sure about desktop but on Chrome mobile you must be logged into your self serve account first before clicking link.

I tried without being logged in. Once clicking link you're brought to login page. After logging in you're just brought to the main self serve account homepage.

If you're already logged in and click the link it will bring you to a page to change your email.

Hopefully it's implemented soon and not just an old link when they had it in past that would not change it in there backend system.

@BEER  Nice find 👏👍

BEER

Finally solved how to update self serve account email. When one asks SIMON the response is to log on to your profile and just click on "Change username" ------- HOWEVER the change username is not an option on the "update Profile" section.

******BUT WAIT - just under SIMON's false advise is a link "Change Username" - and when you click on it it takes you to your account page "Change Username" where you can quickly update/change your email.

Cut and pasted below SIMON's false  instruction

@Frogmen12 

Please choose 3 vertical dots and choose edit to remove your email. This is a public forum. Everyone can see your email address.  If you need to change your email in self service contact  a moderator.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Frogmen12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edited by computergeek541: removed e-mail address

(blank messages removed from thread)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

Now your adding to the confusion when you say that you update accounts every 4 months.  On my account page In part  it states that dormant accounts will be deleted after 3 months. 

Reactivate. 30 days active. Suspends. 90 days to reactivate. ~4 months.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tsawwassen , @BEER 

It IS a mystery.

That's just a fun saying of being skeptical.

I have a dormant account that I renew every 4 months. The number doesn't matter on it. I will try out the number change idea when I reactivate it in August (if I can remember). It just suspended a couple days ago.

BEER

@Barbie2 wrote:

I tried changing my community email. It didnt change my self serve email. Thought I would try it to see if I could do this in the event I wanted to change my email. It only changed my community email. 

I also tried it again on the same account but it didn't work the second time - it's a mystery as to what happened.

Barbie2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I tried changing my community email. It didnt change my self serve email. Thought I would try it to see if I could do this in the event I wanted to change my email. It only changed my community email. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

Like I said before it wasn't me that made this claim it was "Popping" cut and pasting his post as follows-------------------------------

I change the email account of my community account monthly or quarterly to add fund to different PM accounts.

For an example:

My community account email address = PM account A

Two weeks ago, I changed my community account email address to PM account B so that my community reward will be added to my PM account B.

That's fine. He has his one community account (that we know of 🙂 ) . He manages several accounts that have their own email address. So he's doing a clever trick of changing the email address in his COMMUNITY account to one of the unchangeable addresses in a self-serve account and thus linking his community email address to THAT self-serve account. Pretty smart I'd have to say. I might even do that for one of my other accounts. It has its own community account but it's too weird posting under a different username.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

UPDATE ! -Tried it again but this time it didn't change my account email. Is it possible that it worked previously because just before trying to update the email I did change the cell number?

I ain't trying that as a test 🙂

You'd really have to re-trace exactly what all you did that led up to this alleged self-serve email change. When you figure out those exact steps I'm sure we'd all like to know.

I don't know if you're confused or if I'm confused or if you're yanking chains.

How about...pics or it didn't happen.

Need Help? Let's chat.