cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update account associated email address?

moonj86
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have changed my login name with a new email address, but the reset password still go to my old email.

How should I update it?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Fisher77

Okay, so I sent them ANOTHER message using Simon.  Hopefully it works now.

It's now been a week since I first requested an email change.  Let's hope this time I get told the truth.

To be honest, not impressed in the least.

moonj86

OK so I submitted a ticket to update the email, but apparently they updated the password and it doesn't work for me. and I don't know what is my backend email address and I can't login or reset my password anymore, waiting for Mod's response.Smiley Mad

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Fisher77  when you contact them include this link. Where it says mods need to do it.

And make sure they know account email address not username. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Community-and-Self-Serve-Accounts/ta-p...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fisher77 wrote:

Just did that, but like you suggested I haven't received anything.  Perhaps in 72 hours... Smiley Tongue

If it does show up, I'll post whether or not it went to the correct address.  You need to realize that's an unedited (besides my email address) response from the mod team that I posted.

The mods have been known to be wrong on occassion. They're fellow humans. Looking forward to hear where it went if you get it. You don't need to complete it. Your password can stay with what it is.

Edit: lol

Fisher77

Well, it just came to the wrong address.  So obviously the MODS don't even know what they're talking about.

Now I get to waste more time contacting them again to ask why the heck they couldn't do what I asked them to do.

That mod obviously lied...

Fisher77

Just did that, but like you suggested I haven't received anything.  Perhaps in 72 hours... Smiley Tongue

If it does show up, I'll post whether or not it went to the correct address.  You need to realize that's an unedited (besides my email address) response from the mod team that I posted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fisher77 wrote:

Well, I'm only passing on what the mod wrote to me.  Mine was changed by myself.  My username is still Fisher77, despite changing the username in that setting to an email address.  When I look at my profile the email address was instantly updated.

I also changed the email address on the community profile under settings

Try using Forgot my password? on the self-serve page before logged in. See where the email goes to. If it goes anywhere that is, because it doesn't work for everyone.

@mimmo I would be curious to know if this will effect any rewards or promotional add ons also is this just for signing in for community or is it also for account email?

Fisher77

Well, I'm only passing on what the mod wrote to me.  Mine was changed by myself.  My username is still Fisher77, despite changing the username in that setting to an email address.  When I look at my profile the email address was instantly updated.

I also changed the email address on the community profile under settings

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fisher77 wrote:

I just want to correct some misinformation in this thread.  The method posted by @Jb456  is the correct one.  It may have been necessary in the past to contact moderators, but apparently that is no longer the case.  I've already left feedback telling them they need to remove that line about "changing your Username will not change the email address on your profile".  It is apparently incorrect now.

I too wanted to change my email address.  This is the response from the mod:

Thanks for completing our authentication link!

I read the messages that you had with our Moderators and the easiest way to change your e-mail in Self Serv is by opening your Public Mobile online account( Self Serv). There is a Tab( Change your user name) and from there you can change the e-mail address to the xxx@xxx.com

I then proceeded to do so, and it worked.

I think there could be some misunderstanding. That userid being an email address is the self-serve login. And yes it's changeable. But on initial activation, the email you provide goes deep. You can't change it. Only the mods can.

So it depends on what your intentions are.

Fisher77

Edited to remove incorrect info.

@moonj86 wrote:

Yes I did some search earlier, I sent a PM to the MOD, so should I still submit a ticket?

I haven't been here for a while. haha

Moderators have recently informed the community that by opening a ticket via SIMon the chat bot..it is less of a wait time for a response then the old way via private message. They do still respond via both methods.

Up to you if you want to open a ticket as well via SIMon.

Simon.JPG

moonj86

Yes I did some search earlier, I sent a PM to the MOD, so should I still submit a ticket?

I haven't been here for a while. haha

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@@the user has already done what you suggest.  he wants to  change teh account email address which is different than teh username.

Thank you for the information Mimmo. Learn something new everyday 😁 Appreciate it!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@moonj86 to change the actual email addess of the account you need to contact the moderators and request the change.

The best way to contact moderators is to use the ChatBot SIMon (the green ? on bottom of screen). Typing "submit ticket" then clicking on "contact us", is the quickest way I have found to get to the submit ticket for moderator assistance form.

@Jb456  the user has already done what you suggest.  he wants to  change teh account email address which is different than teh username.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Click "My profile"

Click "Change username"

Screenshot_20190908_124301.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.