cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to swap number between two accounts

I would like to swap my number with my wifes account, both are on public mobile, how can I do this without loosing the number or plans?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: How to swap number between two accounts

A mod if any would be the only ones that would be able to do this. Other then that as soon as you ported 1 number i would asume that account would close.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Swap sims. And update accounts accordingly. 

Mayor / Maire

@keith00  Porting a number between two public mobile accounts is not allowed. What you are asking cannot be done. The only way would be to port out to another provider and then back in but your account will close when you setup the port out.

You may have to contact PM directly 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Sheenau wrote:

You may have to contact PM directly 

That won't work because they won't do it.

I'm trying to figure out how to save legacy plan but port the existing number out.   I've read in the community where someone did this but cannot find it.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@keith00Pretty sure you cannot do it any more. They closed the loop hole a long time ago.

@keith00 wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to save legacy plan but port the existing number out.   I've read in the community where someone did this but cannot find it.

Sorry, but you can't. When you port out, the Public Mobile account closes.

Mayor / Maire

@keith00 wrote:

Apparently that used to be facilitated with the help of moderators, unfortunately, for you that has been discontinued, so you will not be able to do it as already mentioned by everyone.