cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to swap number between two accounts

keith00
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to swap my number with my wifes account, both are on public mobile, how can I do this without loosing the number or plans?

18 REPLIES 18

@Korth wrote:

@88cranston wrote:

Swap sims. And update accounts accordingly. 

Quickest, easiest, cheapest, and best solution.  Swap SIMs, change Plans (with Renew on next billing cycle), change personal info, change credit card, sort out any ($) difference if needed to rebalance Available funds, Add-ons, Rewards, etc.

The only works if @keith00 's wife is okay taking his number and he is okay with taking his wife's. When someone makes a request such as this, it's usually because one plan lines up better with the other person's usage, and often because one of the people wants to port out. Either way, keith00 has stated that he needs/wants to keep his number, so the idea of simply switching sim probably isn't an option for him and his wife.

@88cranston wrote:

Quickest, easiest, cheapest, and best solution.  Swap SIMs, change Plans (with Renew on next billing cycle), change personal info, change credit card, sort out any ($) difference if needed to rebalance Available funds, Add-ons, Rewards, etc.

@srlawren wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Andr123 wrote:

Then there are two options:

1st option: keep 3rd SIM and use it instead of 1st SIM. In that case you need to port 1st number to 3rd SIM and 2nd number to 1st (for one hour 1st account will be detached from any number before porting 2nd number). This will benefit another 10 $ on it and 1$ every 30 day to 1st number.

2nd option with throwing away 3rd SIM and keeping 1st and 2nd. Just port 1st number to 3rd SIM, make sure the number active. Port 2nd number to 1st account, make sure it works (one hour lead time). Port 1st number which is on 3rd account(use 3rd ACCOUNT number during porting) to 2nd account(by that time 2nd account will not have any number attached).

You can't do that. They won't allow it.

@Andr123 please note that @cavemantoronto is correct:  what you're suggesting is not possible because you can't port within the same carrier.  You can port from PM to elsewhere, or elsewhere to PM, but you can't port a number from one PM account to another.  To the best of my knowledge, this can't be done at any Canadian provider, in fact.

To be precise, won't not can't. Robot Mad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Andr123 wrote:

1st option: keep 3rd SIM and use it instead of 1st SIM. In that case you need to port 1st number to 3rd SIM and 2nd number to 1st (for one hour 1st account will be detached from any number before porting 2nd number). This will benefit another 10 $ on it and 1$ every 30 day to 1st number.

2nd option with throwing away 3rd SIM and keeping 1st and 2nd. Just port 1st number to 3rd SIM, make sure the number active. Port 2nd number to 1st account, make sure it works (one hour lead time). Port 1st number which is on 3rd account(use 3rd ACCOUNT number during porting) to 2nd account(by that time 2nd account will not have any number attached).

@Andr123 please note that @cavemantoronto is correct:  what you're suggesting is not possible because you can't port within the same carrier.  You can port from PM to elsewhere, or elsewhere to PM, but you can't port a number from one PM account to another.  To the best of my knowledge, this can't be done at any Canadian provider, in fact.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@keith00  The suggestion to switch SIMs with each other will save the legacy plan.  Going elsewhere for another service can be done with the noon saved SIM port out.

@Andr123 wrote:

Andr123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is a solution with original cost 10$ but will get them back after. Just buy 3rd SIM from PM.

Then activate it with new number (new email as well) and referral code from one of existing accounts. This will bring the 10$ back.

I know it’s more hassle than switching to another provider, but gives great savings since PM lowest rates so far, especially with referral program.

Hope, this will help.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@keith00 wrote:

unfortunate for Public Mobile as they will now be losing two accounts!

You win some and you loose some.  But at least at Telus Group of Companies they were the most accommodating out of other Cell phone providers in this situation where other Providers just told you to F off

keith00

unfortunate for Public Mobile as they will now be losing two accounts!

@keith00 wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to save legacy plan but port the existing number out.   I've read in the community where someone did this but cannot find it.

Apparently that used to be facilitated with the help of moderators, unfortunately, for you that has been discontinued, so you will not be able to do it as already mentioned by everyone.

@keith00 wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to save legacy plan but port the existing number out.   I've read in the community where someone did this but cannot find it.

Sorry, but you can't. When you port out, the Public Mobile account closes.

@keith00Pretty sure you cannot do it any more. They closed the loop hole a long time ago.

keith00

@Sheenau wrote:

You may have to contact PM directly 

That won't work because they won't do it.

Sheenau
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You may have to contact PM directly 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@keith00  Porting a number between two public mobile accounts is not allowed. What you are asking cannot be done. The only way would be to port out to another provider and then back in but your account will close when you setup the port out.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

station1104
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

A mod if any would be the only ones that would be able to do this. Other then that as soon as you ported 1 number i would asume that account would close.

Need Help? Let's chat.