cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop receiving same 611 texts every month?

nbg404
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's annoying to receive 5 separate texts each month with "Your balance is due", "Your balance has been auto-payed" etc.

How do I turn these off?

8 REPLIES 8

@Triguy wrote:

Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

There isn't any reason to submit a ticket to a modeator. These reminder text messages cannot be disabled.

@Korth 

You can add  5198 to your list.

Public Mobile and Babylon by Telus Health msg.

I created a contact called "Public Mobile". Every time I receive any kind of "Public Mobile here..." message from a new number I hold-click the message and "Add number to contact".

So now they're all grouped together, there's only one notification no matter how many messages were sent.

It's really only bad in the beginning, when all sorts of account confirmation junkmail and legal junkmail have to be delivered.

I made a list of numbers PM uses, maybe helpful but always incomplete.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nbg404 

611 messages are no all annoying and repetitive.  

PM free offer are coming from 611 too.

I received offer for free 1000 CW minutes and 1GB data add-ons a few months ago.  I replied YES and got free 5GB + 1000 minutes add-ons.

Therefore, don't block PM text message.

Update:  Sorry, the offer is not coming from 611 short code.  But I received a 611 message for getting the 1000 CW minutes add-on.

The 75% and 95% usage for data (and minutes usage if you have the $15 plan) are from 611.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@nbg404 

Add 611 to contacts, then change notification for that contact to none, or no sound, or no popup, whatever you want.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

And just out of curiosity what would happen if you had not updated auto pay with new credit card information or for some other reason, controlled by you, that caused your payment fail?

Would you be suggesting that there should be a reminder?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You could block them but i would advise against it

You get very useful warnings like that your cc on file has e expired, what rewards were deposited in your account, i heard now also notification of payment failed. It's not that many, one 4 days before renewal and two after renewal is everything goes right.

Unfortunately you cannot only choose to receive some messages from 611, we can't configure which notices we receive, if that's what you are aiming at

Need Help? Let's chat.