cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup SMS text forwarding to another number

Lewis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi everyone. 

I need to travel to China in about two weeks and last time I was there PM has no cellphone signal for all time. 

I am hoping to set up an SMS automatical forward like I used to do when I was with Rogers to my wife's phone number (she is with Telus so there will be service). Does any body know how to set it up? I tried but could not find in the account page

Thanks and best

Lewis 

5 REPLIES 5

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lewis I suggest trying android messages.  They have a feature called Messeges for web which allows you to access your SMS and MMS via the web. It's their attempt at trying to compete with Apple messenger. https://messages.android.com should help if your not sure what to do.

@Lewis wrote:

Thank you. My phone is an android.I will look into this!

@Lewis, I unmarked your post as the solution as it wasn't the answer to your problem and it is bad etiquette and fowned upon to mark your own post as an answer to your own question.  If you find that the post @will13am, or @mimmo  I would suggest coming back and giving them the credit for helping you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lewis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you. My phone is an android.I will look into this!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lewis are you is ng an android or iPhone ?

If android there are sms forwarding apps, not sure about apple.

But your sim needs to be active and in a spare phone while you are away.

Check out this thread

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Traveling-to-Australia/m-p/164869#M30...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lewis, Public Mobile does not offer any SMS forwarding solutions.  I suggest checking the app store for solutions. 

Need Help? Let's chat.