Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save your data by turning off WI-FI assist –

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

6 REPLIES 6

@Qwazert wrote:

I have an older iPhone and although I can SEE the Wifi Assist feature, it is "greyed out" so that I cannot turn it off....even though I want to.
Anybody?

This might be a software issue. I'm not too familar with iPhone devices, but this feature might not be selectable if Wi-Fi is turned off.   This is device specific rather than a question about the Public Mobile service,  so you might be able to get more focused answer at the Apple Community.  iPhone - Apple Community

Qwazert
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an older iPhone and although I can SEE the Wifi Assist feature, it is "greyed out" so that I cannot turn it off....even though I want to.
Anybody?

BEER

@TheOldVR wrote:

Kind of agree...

1) you usually don't need WIFI when zooming down the highway, or driving around....

2) public WIFI is not so safe anymore, I use a VPN now, or just don't bother with it....

With all of that said - your original tip is valid, it's an oldie and a setting that IOS has had for a long time.

Thumbs up for the original post!!!

Yes that may work for you ------ but for those that don't like to miss a beat on snap-chat, instagram, face book, youtube etc. conserving data is a must.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Kind of agree...

1) you usually don't need WIFI when zooming down the highway, or driving around....

2) public WIFI is not so safe anymore, I use a VPN now, or just don't bother with it....

With all of that said - your original tip is valid, it's an oldie and a setting that IOS has had for a long time.

Thumbs up for the original post!!!

BEER

@TheOldVR wrote:

Another suggestion that works For Android to save battery is to use one of the auto Wifi switching apps.

It turns WIFI on and off based on location so WIFI is only on when you are at a location where you have added an AP connection.

It actually works really well and battery is saved even though Location services are being used.

Happy Monday!!!

The whole point is not to turn WI-FI off but to use WI-FI (that is available almost everywhere) instead of DATA.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Another suggestion that works For Android to save battery is to use one of the auto Wifi switching apps.

It turns WIFI on and off based on location so WIFI is only on when you are at a location where you have added an AP connection.

It actually works really well and battery is saved even though Location services are being used.

Happy Monday!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.