cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset the phone connection with Public Mobile?

JeffreyLIving
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a disappointed customer with Public mobile as many of my calls are going straight to voicemail, I do not receive a missed call or anything.  I have checked all settings and everything is turned on.  

I know I have experienced this in the past with other phones, internet, cable, and the solution was to reset the connection.  Does any know how to reset your connection with Public Mobile?  

I am using an iPhone 6S as my phone.   

10 REPLIES 10

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JeffreyLIving wrote:

My phone is not receiving calls, it is not a phone or software issue, it is a network issue.  I have dealt with plenty of network issues in the past, the network connection needs to be reset, plain and simple.  

Reading through this and other threads you've started, the issue appears to have gone on for more than thirty days. Thirty days!? That's an unusually long time for a problem to remain unresolved, even for Public Mobile.

You've vented your frustation, which seems justified and completely understandable. A number of people have commiserated. Granted, at times customer support can suck. Some have pointed out that this isn't supposed to be the Telus Experience; this is Public Mobile warts and all. An observation you've generally ignored. Quite a few posters have offered suggestions, and while you've acknowledged some, you have been kind of selective about what you're willing to try. That's fine, they're just suggestions. But again, thirty days (!?) and you're no farther ahead.

Since you've decided you know what's causing this,  and you don't want to visit an Apple store or try your SIM in a different phone, and you presumably have been in contact with the Mod Team and either they haven't responded -- in thirty days!? -- or they have and you've found them unhelpful, the situation begs a question. Why are you still here? After thirty days!? Have you really gone through an entire cycle and renewed? Or did you buy a 90-day plan? Not trying to be rude or a smartass, but your persisence is genuinely curious. This isn't something most people would put up with. It's just a phone furgodsakes.

Thing is, your experience is extraordinary and far removed from what most PM customers find. In fact, I'd bet that the majority rarely visit the community forum to complain. Day-to-day the coverage and service is pretty good. Sorry that hasn't been true for you, but maybe it's time to recognize that some relationships just aren't meant to be.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc the lost/stolen trick is more for provisioning errors that typically have constant rather than intermittent symptoms such as this.  I doubt it would hurt to try it, but I'm not terribly confident it would change anything.  That's just my thought on it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@JeffreyLIving wrote:

My phone is not receiving calls, it is not a phone or software issue, it is a network issue.  I have dealt with plenty of network issues in the past, the network connection needs to be reset, plain and simple.  

I am looking for a solution to reset the network connection.   Thanks  

@JeffreyLIving

You are so confident your phone hardware or software is not the issue.. but you were never willing to try another phone because in the past your phone worked on a different network. You are not realizing that at one point all the devices that are not functioning at one point were functioning.  Past performance does not guarentee future performance. Phones can develop hardware / software issues as time progresses. Everything that broke, was once working.

I didn't see (or I missed) anyone mention in your other topics so I figure why not mention it. Many users have reported success with the lost/stolen trick a shot, it seems to fix multiple problems at public mobile. Log into your self serve (my account) CLICK HERE then click “Plan and Add-on” then click “Lost/Stolen Phone” and click “Suspend Service” and click the “logout” button near your name/account balance. Wait 10 minutes. Log back and do the exact same procedure except this time click reactivate service phone found, reboot your phone. This seems to reset you sim / account and may fix your issue. At this point you might as well. You got nothing to lose.

Don't know of anything you can do on a network level on your own maybe besides contact the moderator team and ask them to contact the back office at telus and see if they can do some sort of reset.... but I don't know anything of this.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@CalgaryBen any other suggestions for Jeffrey?

@JeffreyLIving have you tried the Network Reset option?  The benefit is that it clears any residual profiles and other configurations that might've carried over from before.  The downside is that you'll have to re-establish your connections for all your WiFi SSIDs/hotspots.

Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset Network Settings.  You'll be prompted to confirm, and then the phone will reboot.

srlawren

@JeffreyLIving this is something that starts spontaneously.  The timing may well be coincidental with you having moved to Public Mobile.  Feel free to ignore my advice but one of the benefits of having an Apple product is being able to walk into your nearby Apple store and get help with stuff like this.

EDIT: if you're convinced it's the network and could not conceivably be a hardware or settings issue, then by all means, as you threatened in your other thread, feel free to switch back to Fido or onto another network.  In the end, you've got to go with what meets your needs the best.  However, I still think it's worth talking to Apple first.  

Also, you may want to look at this:

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/424187/iPhone+6s+Searching-No+Service#answer497944

@CalgaryBen any other suggestions for Jeffrey?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@JeffreyLIving wrote:

You could try switching automatic off then back on but with my iPhone 6 I turn the phone off, remove the sim card, turn the phone on, let it find no service, then turn the phone off, insert sim then turn it back on again. this forces the phone to look for all the network information again.

Edit: was having the same problem with my wifes phone when I first got her to sign up. I did this along with the Lost/Stolen trick and the $1 trick....not sure which fixed it as I did not have the time to wait to see if either alone would fix it with more time between attempts.

JeffreyLIving

JeffreyLIving

I was using my phone with another carrier prior to switching to Public Mobile.  I am not gonna invest my time and money to complain to someone else for Publics problem.   

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JeffreyLIving, there should be a network reset option in the general settings that you can try.  I can tell you this much, notifications are a phone feature, not a carrier issue.  Your phone receives a phone call as delivered by the carrier and how your phone notifies that call when unanswered is a software thing.  Please don't go blaming your service provider for something that is out of their control. 

srlawren

@JeffreyLIving please see my reply on your other thread.  I think the issue is your iPhone.  Once they reach a certain age, the 6/6S can spontaneously develop a loose antenna connection.  This can easily be diagnosed and corrected (or phone replaced) by your local friendly Apple store.

Need Help? Let's chat.