cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to register for Self Serve when abroad.

docvinay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated the number in Toronto at Kiosk, but now travelling abroad where the number doesnt work. I have to reload the card and want to pay, but unable to register on Self Serve portal as it asks for Verification code by sms which i cant get. Any alternative way to pay? Any helpline number? Pls guide.

15 REPLIES 15

@computergeek541 the ding voucher isn't that helpful but using the instant top up from muskbird.com  puts it in thru your phone number.  @docvina just needs access to the internet. Small fee and I think it's takes up to two hours to appear in your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@docvinay wrote:

I paid on ding.com, it sent a PIN but how can it be entered on phone which is not working overseas? 

As said before, it can't.  You need either an internet connection and access to your self-serve account, or you need celluar service to use *611's automated services. The only people who can help you are the moderators. 

Overseas *could* be Hawaii but I don't think 611 is accessible from anywhere else. I'm not sure if it's accessible from the US thus the existence of the 855 #.

@docvinay wrote:

I paid on ding.com, it sent a PIN but how can it be entered on phone which is not working overseas? 

As said before, it can't be done from your cell phone.  You need either an internet connection and access to your self-serve account, or you need celluar service to use *611's automated services. The only people who can help you are the moderators. 

@docvinay wrote:

@docvinay  Try 1-855-4PUBLIC to access Public's IVR system.

@darlicious wrote:

@docvinay wrote:

I activated the number in Toronto at Kiosk, but now travelling abroad where the number doesnt work. I have to reload the card and want to pay, but unable to register on Self Serve portal as it asks for Verification code by sms which i cant get. Any alternative way to pay? Any helpline number? Pls guide.

Go to muskbird.com to get an instant top up.

@Anonymous  tried to reply and quote your post but posts keep disappearing....

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@docvinay wrote:

Go to muskbird.com to get an instant top up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@docvinay wrote:

If you have access to another phone or SIM then this information might allow you to call 8554public.

iirc there was another online service that you could do the instant top-up deal. I just don't recall what it was.

@docvinay 

@docvinay wrote:

Unfortunately, it can't be entered.  Only can enter prepaid vouchers via self service account or by dialing 611 on your phone.  If you are abroad, not possible.  You can give the PIN to moderator to activate for you.  

Did you create a support ticket? When a moderator contacts you, you can give them the pin.

Keep an eye on your community messages for their reply.

docvinay

@docvinay 

Just in case you are not aware: Public Mobile service is available in Canada and USA only.

If your plan does not include service in USA, there are USA Roaming Add-ons you can buy.

When you're overseas, you can opt for a local SIM service as long as your phone supports it.

docvinay

Thanks for advice. I will contact moderator as I need my voice mail service to remain active.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@docvinay wrote:

@docvinay  Use ding.com to load your account.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@docvinay , unless you are running up against the 90 day deactivation window, you could consider just letting the account go into suspension.  It's not like paying on time means you can actually use the service.  If you can get back into the country before reaching 90 day suspension window, deal with paying then.  Enjoy your trip. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@docvinay 

If you are out of country, you will likely need to contact moderator to pay for account. Did you sign up for autopay when you signed up at Kiosk?

How long are you abroad?  You could let your account expire and get suspended.  Then you have 90 days to reactivate.  On return back to Canada, you could pay the account.  If more than 90 days of inactivity, then you will lose number and account.  

To contact moderator, click on quesiton mark on right lower corner and start ticketing process.  Expect 1-2 day wait times. 

Need Help? Let's chat.