Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find my account number

Marie10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

6 REPLIES 6

@Nezgar wrote:

Hmm. out of curiosity, I went back and looked at my activation email, subject line "Your Public Mobile Activation Details" from Every bodytalk <public-mobile-notifications@publicmobile.ca>

I see a note about writing down your 4-digit pin, but the PIN or account number is not actually provided in the message headers, body, or body HTML... (at least not as of August 2019..)

Account number can by seen in the top right corner when logged into the Selfserve portal: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

You're right that the PIN number isn't won't be there.

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe they changed it.

They did not change it, I couldn't see it in the mess of headers last night, but you are absolutely correct. the "To:" header display name indeed has the account number as you describe!!!

I see it there in activation emails from both August and October 2019. Sorry for wasting airtime here - cool tip - learning something new every day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nezgar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marie10 

If you still have your welcome email from when you activated then it's embedded in there. You might have to dig around headers and such.

Hmm. out of curiosity, I went back and looked at my activation email, subject line "Your Public Mobile Activation Details" from Every bodytalk <public-mobile-notifications@publicmobile.ca>

I see a note about writing down your 4-digit pin, but the PIN or account number is not actually provided in the message headers, body, or body HTML... (at least not as of August 2019..)

Account number can by seen in the top right corner when logged into the Selfserve portal: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

@Nezgar 

Interesting.

This was from Spring 2018:

From: "Public Mobile" <public-mobile-notifications@publicmobile.ca>
To: "1000000xxxxxxx" <myemail@someplace.ca>
Date: 17 May 2018 23:50:10 -0400
Subject: Your Public Mobile Activation Details

It was there up to Jun 2019 as well with 2 other activations. It was initially shown in the To: and then it ended up in headers. Perhaps I made a contact of my email address in the email client after the fact. Dunno. I hope my fake email isn't real anywhere 🙂

Maybe they changed it.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marie10 

If you still have your welcome email from when you activated then it's embedded in there. You might have to dig around headers and such.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marie10 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.