cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to contact moderator

foldhero
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I opened an account this afternoon, and requested to port my petro-mobility number, the walmart clerk told me the phone number was ported successfully. But when I call my number, I got the petro-mobility voice box, i also could not receive sms. 

Then I received a sms from Public mobile, asking me to complete the sim and activation online form. 

I don't know what to do now. How can I contact the moderator, what is the account name?

Thanks!

UPDATE:

Finally after about one day's time, my account is fully funtional and my old number was ported in. 

In my case to port from Petro-Mobility

I only needed Petro-Mobility phone number and the 4 digit Petro-Mobility PIN number.

The IMEI number on Petro-Mobility is not important for the purpose of number porting. The associate worked in Petro-Mobility told me that the IMEI number on the file will automatically update to the new phone's when you switch phone.

19 REPLIES 19

@mpcdesign wrote:

@WARDOG , one more thing, 

Contact Support’s hours of operation?
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) 

Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:00PM (EDT)

Those hours aren't right. It's 8am to midnight and 8am to 10pm.

@WARDOG , one more thing, 

Contact Support’s hours of operation?
Monday - Friday 8AM (EDT) - 12AM (EDT) 

Saturday - Sunday 8AM (EDT) - 10PM (EDT)

@WARDOG , oh-no....

Send a private message to the moderator team, click here for the moderator team private message 

When they contact you, do give them the following to include:

• your name, account number, if you have it, or email address.
  • your phone number and 4 digit PIN.
  • A detailed explanation of specific.
  • And of course, be nice to them. 

WARDOG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi , im locked out of my acccount

egg007

@auca wrote:

My speakout number still in good standing I verified with Speakout. Problem is I reqested to stop porting after a week unsucessfully transfer. Public cancelled porting and reinstalled my Public number. Phone works with Public number, then someone in Moderator_team tried to port it again, then phone doesn't fuction anymore. It drove me nuts. It is for my 84 years old grandma. It confused her too.

I ported my son's number from SpeakOut yesterday at a PM kiosk.  I heard the more experienced rep. told the rep. who was helping me to enter my son's phone's IMEI number in the "Account Number to be Transferred From" field.  This is because SpeakOut does not have Account Numbers.  It went thru successfully.

Please note:

1)  My son was able to call & text out right after the number was ported over.

2)  However, just a heads up that he was not able to receive calls or texts until 1.5 hr. later, in case you experience the same.

Best of luck!  I hope your grandma can enjoy the new PM services soon.

auca

My speakout number still in good standing I verified with Speakout. Problem is I reqested to stop porting after a week unsucessfully transfer. Public cancelled porting and reinstalled my Public number. Phone works with Public number, then someone in Moderator_team tried to port it again, then phone doesn't fuction anymore. It drove me nuts. It is for my 84 years old grandma. It confused her too.

auca

Verified with Speakout over the phone from account number to password. Speakout could see Public sent over porting request, but it didn't go through. they guess some info might be  wrongly entered. Who knows. Over 10 days, My garndma could not use her phone. She can call me, but I couldn't call her with Public number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@auca wrote:

luck you.  Walmart store tried to port my number from Speakout. It has been over a week. It still doesn't work. I cancelld porting request and reinstall the Public number. Phone is fully fuctioned. However, someone in Moderator_team tried to port my number again, it stopped fuctioning again.

Is your account with Speakout still active? I think Speakout wants you to use the IMEI number on your account at Speakout for transferring to here.

But with all this fiddling I would be quite concerned about the continuing existence of your Speakout number.

auca

luck you.  Walmart store tried to port my number from Speakout. It has been over a week. It still doesn't work. I cancelld porting request and reinstall the Public number. Phone is fully fuctioned. However, someone in Moderator_team tried to port my number again, it stopped fuctioning again.

juliak63

Thank you for the quick response and good info on Sony Xperia. I have changed the prefered network from LTE to WCDMA...and was able to send and receive pictures thru my text messenger. The fix was simple but without your help I won't be able to do it.  Again, thank you very much for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@juliak63 wrote:

I can't send/receive pics via text msgr on SONY XPERIA XA, reviewed conversations on the subject and verified APN setup. Still can't send or receve pictures. I am using "Messeging", no issues with sending/receiving text msgs. no error msg when sending pics, they get queued and nothing happens until I delete MMS. I have data service on my plan. I appreciate if anyone can help me.

Did you turn on cell data? MMS needs that on to tx/rx.

Make sure you're not trying to use LTE here. Your phone doesn't appear to be compatible with LTE here.

But mostly it's making sure the APN is correct.

Find your phone on this list:
Officially Recognized APN Reference

If your phone isn't there maybe these might work:
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

juliak63

I can't send/receive pics via text msgr on SONY XPERIA XA, reviewed conversations on the subject and verified APN setup. Still can't send or receve pictures. I am using "Messeging", no issues with sending/receiving text msgs. no error msg when sending pics, they get queued and nothing happens until I delete MMS. I have data service on my plan. I appreciate if anyone can help me.

foldhero

Finally after about one day's time, my account is fully funtional and my old number was ported in. 

In my case to port from Petro-Mobility

I only needed Petro-Mobility phone number and the 4 digit Petro-Mobility PIN number.

The IMEI number on Petro-Mobility is not important for the purpose of number porting. The associate worked in Petro-Mobility told me that the IMEI number on the file will automatically update to the new phone's when you switch phone.

foldhero

Thanks. Good to know.

I have already successfully contacted  Moderator_Team 

Now I am waiting for them to help solving the issue.

mcbridemike

to the right of your message hit the tag button and add

@Moderator_Team

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@foldhero wrote:

Hi,

I opened an account this afternoon, and requested to port my petro-mobility number, the walmart clerk told me the phone number was ported successfully. But when I call my number, I got the petro-mobility voice box, i also could not receive sms. 

Then I received a sms from Public mobile, asking me to complete the sim and activation online form. 

I don't know what to do now. How can I contact the moderator, what is the account name?

Thanks!

To port a number from Petro Mobility, you need to call Petro Mobility to get the IMEI number on file, - NOT the IMEI of your phone using on Petro-Mobility.

You need to supply the following info to moderator:

1.  Your name at Petro-Mobility

2.  Your Petro-Mobility phone number

3.  Your Petro-Mobility PIN number.

4.  Your IMEI number.

5.  Supply another phone number just in case they need to call you.

Moserator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, account number and PIN code.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@foldhero wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Go to the messages icon, click on new message and in the "send to" field type Moderator Team.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire
@foldhero wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Set up your account :

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Creat your account:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Need Help? Let's chat.