cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close off my account

rachel4890
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I'm out of the country and won't use my number for a long time in future. How can I close off my account? Alternatively, if I don't close off, what's the alternative way and how much I need to pay monthly if I were to keep the number but not use the service? 

5 REPLIES 5

@hTideGnow 

Fongo really is great option to keep your old number especially if you move around. $25 for life time access to it is really hard to beat. We just received short sms on it as well. They don't guarantee it but they also don't block it either, so if you did have ability to receive it before you should still be able to do it.

The only thing I am not crazy about is picture messaging since the only send link and so many people just refuse to click the link, also data would apply.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@rachel4890 

How many rewards are you getting?

It worked cost you$15 for bout less than 120 days. You should give yourself about 5 days for renewal just in case.

Do you have any money on your account? If yes and it's more than 15 you should suspends your account the last days and reactivate it 85 days later, repeat until you are back.

If your account is 0, just disable autopay.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

$15 plan is the cheapest plan to keep the account alive

If you are leaving for an extended period, you might consider porting the number out to some free VoIP service like Fongo.  The service itself is free but I think they have a $25 porting charge.  If you have keep the Fongo service long enough, 3 months or more I think, it's free to port out the number after or it will be another $25.   

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can remove autopay and if no payment after 90 days then your account will be deactivated.  If you want to keep your account then you could  keep a $15 account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rachel4890  you don't really need to close of the account.

Just remove the Autopay , or even remove the credit card as well.  Assuming there is no Available Fund in your account, during the next renewal day, PM cannot get the money to renew and your account will be in suspended stage for 90 days.

after 90 days, the account will be fully closed and you number will be gone.

If you want to keep the number, what you can do is pay once around the 85th day and before 90th day.  After you paid, you will have to click Reactivate the service.    I suggest around 85th day just in case  there was issue and you don't want to have it pass 90th days as your account will be closed.   (in the first time, you might want to change the plan to $15 as well to make it less costly). 

After you pay on the 85th day , the account will be active for another 30 days.  You can let it expired again after the 30 days (make sure no Autopay setup there).  Repeat the same process on the next 85th day after or when you are ready to come back.

Need Help? Let's chat.